[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with job interviews? Any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1397736923674.jpg (100KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
1397736923674.jpg
100KB, 600x717px
How to deal with job interviews? Any tips?
>>
>>1467613
just b yourself
>>
Get into the zone where you just don't care/ give a fuck what happens.
>>
Some companies/fields have unique interviewing rituals. Know what to expect (common behavioral questions, problems they may ask you to solve, etc), and prepare yourself to talk about your past experiences and skills in detail. Get a couple of stories ready to illustrate how you're a perfect fit for the job.

Also, this >>1467618
You won't be able to fake not being a sperg, so just relax.
>>
>>1467613
Bullshit shamelessly
>>
>>1467613
Tell them what they wanna hear it's pretty much like getting a girl to like you confidence it's the key also do some research... common questions about the job you're applying to
>>
>>1467690
> it's pretty much like getting a girl to like you
I'm sure op knows all about that
>>
>>1467690
>be honest upfront with girls because I figure they'll leave sooner or later regardless if they don't like me
>none of them like me
>tfw I was supposed to lie and sugar coat it until they liked me
>>
>>1467613
Subtly offer to fellate whoever is interviewing you.
Now, at first they'll be resistant, they don't want a lawsuit, but eventually they'll come around as long as you force the issue. Go for the Rimmer if you can, guaranteed 10,000 more a year.
>>
>>1467647
Follow this and be confident,also don't stutter or seem nervous. Follow this with a decent resume and you'd be surprised how many jobs you can land.
>>
They want to know three things when they interview you:

Are you qualified?
Are you capable?
Are you the 'right fit'?

Qualified is easy to check off - you wouldn't get to the interview stage if you weren't, but it helps to reiterate that you have the relevant skills.

Capable is where you have to tie in what you have learnt through your study and work and extra curriculars - and how those transfer directly into the job you are applying for. Communication skills, research skills, teamwork ability etc. depending on the role.

Finally, the cultural fit is where most people fuck themselves (especially people like us on anonymous mongolian picture boards) - although every business harps on about their culture, it's all the same bullshit - what you want to do in an interview is make sure the interviewer likes you. If you can, research who they are and what they do and what they like before hand. Know a bit about the company, what they do, what their skills are, their threats, their strengths, and any current engagements that are either big news items or that are relevant to your job. Know a bit about the industry obviously, but ultimately just try to get comfortable in the interview, smile and laugh, decent handshake and introduction etc. - don't think about the job too much, just get the interviewer to like you, and make sure that by the end of the interview, they know that you are at least capable of the job and understand what the role involves and what the business does.

I did an interview where I researched my interviewer before hand, found out she had been following swimming on the olympics because of some posts she liked on LinkedIn, introduced myself and immediately brought up the olympics casually, and then she took control of the conversation and talked about herself for about 5 minutes. Hardly had to say a word and she automatically liked me from it. Ultimately people love to talk about themselves.
>>
Make the laugh.

Not at you, but with you.
>>
Don't be yourself.
>>
>>1468304
>Ultimately people love to talk about themselves.
Fucking this holy shit.
>>
I prepare bulletpoinr answers for typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, why you chose the company, long term goals, why the particular role etc)

That way you'll have a decent rehearsed answer for common questions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.