[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just graduated from college and I have $20,000 sitting in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1454111998332.jpg (41KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
1454111998332.jpg
41KB, 309x309px
I just graduated from college and I have $20,000 sitting in a checking account with no interest. What's the best thing to do with it that requires no management?
>>
>>1466973
Vanguard index funds.
>>
>>1466973
Pay off any high interest debt off first. Set aside an emergency fund of 3-6 months salary. Then yea low fee index funds with Vamguard for the rest as suggested.
>>
>>1467095
dave ramsey please go.

OP, you should invest in overseas buisness. Your 20k is worth 200k in certain currencies. Pay people to do things you dont want to do and then send their effors back to the states.
>>
File: 14d.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
14d.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>1466973
give it to the poor.
>>
I've been putting my cash into canadian marijuana stocks. There's only a few with marijuana production licenses and making money selling to medical patients at the time. I guarantee come time for the legalization announcement they will multiply outrageously. 95% chance it will happen since it is our governments main promise and health canada and the government are posting updates...
The stocks that are growing weed and supplying legally at the time are CGC (Canopy), ACB (Aurora), MJN (Pharmacan), APH (Aphria), MT (Mettrum). A couple others that imnot invested in, but are good to go would be Organigram, Supreme. There might be one or two I'm missing, but I am up at least 30% in all of them.
>>
>>1467095
Seconded. This is the only answer
>>
>>1467095

This and only this
$VOO is a good start
>>
>>1467095
emergency funds are only for amerifags that have dogshit levels of job security, dont make an emergency fund just invest all ur money in ETFs, but make sure u pay off ALL debt first.
emergency funds are the biggest memes in ameriland by far
>>
Bitcoin. Buy and hold 10 years then retire.
>>
>>1467265
canada bro here

I honestly think this is a good idea, dont know when would be the best time to drop money in there though
>>
>>1467627
America is the number one country in world for a reason and it isn't from listening to retards like you.

The whole point of an emergency fund is that it is liquid. Never know when you'll need quick cash on hand.
>>
>>1467695
Hey, I am from Canada as well. The news coverage on the radio and newspapers looks extremely partial to there being legalization. In this case, it really seems there are a lot of people investing their paycheques in anticipation of the run up. Ive been solidifying gains every week, so I'd honestly reccomend just investing sooner rather than later. Do anything you can to beat the crowd. I might make a thread actually...
>>
>>1467255

Dave Ramsey has billions. I'd listen to him over this guy.

I plan to park my 3-6mo in a Money Market account. That 20k would be a godsend to me. I'd get right out of student debt with that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.