[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoins worth 1 mill a coin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bitcoin.jpg (51KB, 626x607px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin.jpg
51KB, 626x607px
Can someone explain this bitcoin getting to over 1 million a coin meme? Why would it shoot up that high? And what would you even do with a single bitcoin? You wouldn't be able to spend it on anything really.

If this sounds retarded, it's because I'm completely bitcoin illiterate.
>>
>>1466922
>Why would it shoot up that high?
It wouldn't, unless rich people and hedge funds started buying it.

>And what would you even do with a single bitcoin? You wouldn't be able to spend it on anything really.
Bitcoin is divisible to 8 decimal places. 1/100,000,000 of a bitcoin is called a satoshi.
If 1 BTC = $1,000,000, then 1 satoshi = 1 penny.
>>
>>1466928
Oh, so a coin is dividable. Good to know.

Still, I hear everyone on this board shilling about how one coin will be worth thousands if not hundreds of thousands, and some even say millions. I just have a hard time seeing that happening.
>>
>>1466935
Imagine a roulette wheel of all possible future bitcoin prices. If you think there is even a 1/100 chance that a bitcoin would ever be worth 1mil then it makes sense to buy some. Its also a nice hedge against the banking industry collapsing under its own bullshit.
>>
>>1466945
That's a good point. In the grand scheme of things, loosing 500 to a 1,000 dollars is not that big of a risk, with a profit that could be 100x more than your original investment.

Nothing in the business world is risk free I guess.
>>
>>1466964
if you think like this lottery is mad for you.
buy tickets not bitcoin same gamble less complicated and brings results faster.
>>
>>1466935

bitcoin has already gone over 1000 once
>>
>>1467317

it's not the same gamble at all.
>>
>>1467331
well yeah the same outrageous call was made by people who bought at $10 and said it will be over $1000. but history does not always repeat itself. we only remember the queer anomalies where it does.
>>
>>1467333
it's the same you can lose your investment or can have it back hundred thousand fold. around the same chances.
>>
1 million a coin is a stretch but when you understand how Bitcoin works and have a basic grasp on the technology behind it then it's easy to understand why people think it's going to the moon ,Bitcoin has a market cap of 10 billion USD which is just a tiny tiny fraction of the worlds wealth,the potential for growth can hardly even be imagined ,the technology is still new and uncertain so the longer it exists the more it will become accepted as a reliable and secure store of wealth,do yourself a favour and buy at least 1 Bitcoin,10k a coin within the next 5 years.
>>
1m per BTC is just plain delusional. Its like every one of you fell for the meme. When will bitcoiners ever learn...
>>
File: mobile.png (28KB, 320x160px) Image search: [Google]
mobile.png
28KB, 320x160px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.