[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question to those knowledgeable about finance: When I place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 321.jpg (64KB, 634x519px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
64KB, 634x519px
A question to those knowledgeable about finance:

When I place an order with a stockbroker like robinhood, how does the order get executed? What does robinhood do with my order, or who do they relay the order to?
>>
They relay the order to whatever you chose while doing the trade. My broker gives me the possibility to trade about 35 stock exchanges worldwide, but I can also make direct deals with banks or pther small investors.
>>
>>1466574
So they relay it to the exchanges themselves? Is the order then picked up by a human and run across the floor with a little paper ticket? Or is it all computerized now?
>>
>>1466574
Jesus, how can one person be so woefully misinformed? RH does not relay order to exchanges. They sell the order to a HFT. It's called paid order flow, and it's how RH stays afloat despite not charging commissions.

As to your claim, I find it highly unlikely that your broker allows you to choose the clearinghouse for your trade execution. There are some premium brokerages that offer this service, but at a cost. You don't really seem smart enough to understand the difference, so I'm going to assume that you're full of shit and just wrong.
>>
>>1466520
What does Robinhood do with my order?
Since you won't be able to see the real price, they'll tack a few cents on first
>>
>>1467062
This is illegal they do not do this
>>
>>1467401
All brokers do it with market orders. It's called slippage. Like when you put in a market order for $10.05, and it gets filled at $10.055
This is just worse, because you won't even know how bad they took you.
>>
>>1467401
*when the price is at $10.05
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.