[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /biz/ gives advice to younguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pakiwhore.jpg (209KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
pakiwhore.jpg
209KB, 500x495px
Well /biz/ I'm at the crossroads and I'd love to mull over advice from all of you.

18 years old. Have a diploma. Want to know what to do next.

Been working a part time job since I was 16. I have a business I'm in the process of registering and setting up should be done by Christmas, extremely good margins and very low overhead.

I do however want to goto school for something useful with a good job security/growth.

I have good feelings towards trade school for either pipe welding or getting my diver cert and underwater welding.

Anyone got any advice towards this or just wants to talk, pretty hopped up off pills right now for my leg so I'll be up for a bit.
>>
>>1464855
that's for you to decide my man

There's no wrong answer if you plan out what you want and think logically (read: NOT going to school for music, english, psychology or female juggling major)

Trades work, so does being an accountant, or a financial analyst, or a computer scientist, or an electrical engineer, or being a quant. Just need to decide, it's just all different paths to a similar thing but it's dependent on what you like and what you're good at, as long as it's not retarded
>>
>>1464864
Yep I know not to do shit like that haha.

I like hard work, and I like to work with my hands. I was always planning to go into the Army and use that to propel me but I had a foot problem as a child and got disqualified.

I'm hoping for someone who has experiences with trades.

The shop I'm launching I don't expect to be making a full career out of, or at least not this early, so I want something else to put my eggs in.

Sorry if english is bad, I came from Russia as a youngster.
>>
Make sure you save money.

You can survive a shit ton of mistakes if you're careful with your money.
>>
>>1464855
The theory is easy, the practice is hard.

Find a skill/knowledge base that is rare, and also something that the market is prepared to pay good money for.

It involves initiative, foresight and a lot of hard work and sacrifice.
>>
>>1464888
Doesn't have to be like that.

Just something "simple" yet valuable and in demand is good.

>>1464874
Sorry don't know much about trades, maybe someone else will chime in but just think it through.

I know a few tradesmen who have gotten quite far and make great money, they seem to like it and it works for them. but people are different
>>
>>1464892
I would work hard and use my experience in
business to go above and beyond.

I tell you a secret I sold heroin in Russia and coke in US but that was a different me. Taught me all my life skills and people skills.

I also plan to start a interior painting service. Did it one summer with a friend and we netted maybe 20k in profit.
>>
I recommend a trade these days. White collar is getting fucked sideways.

My biggest tip would be to work for yourself and sell your own product or service. The faster you get out from under another man the happier you will be. Started my own company at 28, and i wished i had done it at 20.

Once you work for yourself you'll never go back to being another man's bitch.
>>
>>1464897
>I tell you a secret I sold heroin in Russia and coke in US but that was a different me. Taught me all my life skills and people skills.

h-how...

you're only 18 years old when the fuck did you sell heroin
>>
Your brain has high neuroplasticity and you can easily fill it with useful skills. The vast majority of successful people I have read up on started doing what they do at an early age for various reasons and seemed to enjoy it such that they did it every day, their stars aligned in terms of everything that can help a human brain to get good at a task.

your stars probably haven't aligned, though you can align them yourself to a lesser degree

persist even if you suck at first, make yourself do a little once a day even if you feel lazy as shit, try different things to try to make sure you don't miss any opportunities

learn to enjoy it, clear your head of everything the h8ers say, stereotypes of nerds and other bullshit, find what you enjoy about it and focus on that, if you get good at coding or something marketable and get money you won't care what the plebs think

watch this, he is a socio, but he has the right attitude towards people and money. I am a moralfag, myself, it is true though, it is not a moral world and you can't do everything, save it for something worthwhile and if someone doesn't like that they can buzz off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOXOW77CGY
>>
>>1464900
Started when I was 9. Made almost 2500 ruble a week which is shit in US but good for there. Every poor shit there did it. I didn't even know what I really did until much later.

When I came to US at 15 I discovered good drugs and became a little coke addict and also sold alot. Arrest and probation and community service and house arrest and more stopped it.

Not that hard, I never got Identificationed at bar or club. Had a beard since I was 14.

>>1464901
Thank you but this sounds more hippy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.