[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Company Loyalty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pic_unrelated.jpg (100KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
pic_unrelated.jpg
100KB, 367x550px
As an employee, is there any value to being loyal to your company or is it just holding you back in our modern workplace? Does it still exist? Or, did it die with pensions and rightfully so?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>1464767
Both. It's not black and white you autist.
>>
>>1464767
neither
>>
let's say someone trusts you with $10000 worth of business and you don't fuck up, next time they might let you handle $50000, then $100000 and so forth

also, besides game theory and repeat trades, how do you want to live you life? Do you want to be a part of something and accomplish great goals? What do you want to be? A cheat or someone who stands out from all the world's bullshit and achieves excellence? You might think these are spooks, but there is a little value in them, a significant proportion of your life will be spent at work after all, it should have some meaning.

I wouldn't say loyalty to walmart is the path to excellence, but personal loyalty and networking are important
>>
>>1464767
>modern """"workplace""""
Please tell me none of you actually work In an office.
Within the next ten years all work will be carried out from a computer at your home, except for construction, which will be done by immigrants.
Don't get cucked and left behind.
>>
>>1464778
Would you have loyalty to a company that is paying you 20% below industry standard and gives you a 1-2% raise each year in the name of excellence? Or would you spend a few years there to get experience under your belt and sign on with another company that offers you a 10-20% increase to what you are making? Hasn't the stigma of job hopping every few years diminished?
>>
>>1464767

Depends on the company. My workplace has longevity pay. Which is the longer you work there the more you make. It also has insurance which they contribute to. I have been with them a while and I would be hard pressed to leave and find a place paying more. So yes, I have company loyalty. However I have worked at other places with no raises, treated me like shit or a piece of property. Yeah, I left those places and burned some major bridges doing so.
>>
>>1464817
If you have a shitty resume but someone decides to take you on as an assistant-X for 20% less income with the promise of promoting you and paying you the industry standard once you have proven yourself, that is part of the path to excellence.

If you decide to accept 20% less pay for the glory of walmart, that is called being acuckold. By excellence I mean accomplishing great things yourself, not sacrificing yourself for others.

If they break your promise and shirk on giving you the promotion then your best option is job hopping.

If after training you find a company that offers you 10% more than the industry standard, you have to measure that up against the long term value of the relationship you have with the guy who decided to give you a chance when you were a newby.
>>
Company loyalty is a valuable trait for unambitious cuckolds
>>
>>1464780
>Within the next ten years all work will be carried out from a computer at your home, except for construction, which will be done by immigrants.

So you think the majority of the working population are going to be running ebay businesses?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.