[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here /tsp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tsp.jpg (163KB, 1024x595px) Image search: [Google]
tsp.jpg
163KB, 1024x595px
how am I doing, /biz/?
>>
>>1464698

How close are you to retirement? The money in the G fund is doing nothing for you. If you're not retiring in the next year or two, move that money into something that will get you a decent return. The S fund has the best return YTD. C fund has the second best.

I have all my money in the C fund right now. I'm considering putting all of it into S.
>>
>>1464903
Bruh he has 10% in it and its effectively yielding the same as a 25 yr treasury note, in a tax deferred acct.
>>
>>1464903
Oh and its face value is 100% guaranteed and it has daily liquidity.
>>
>>1464922

Any of the funds are liquid.

Op seems to be doing great. I just think that if OP has a long way to go until retirement, considering a riskier investment for for more return might be worth it. Putting money in the G fund is like putting money under your mattress.
>>
>>1464903
17 years til my MRA but realistically way longer than that (I started working at 23)

the G fund money is mostly from the first year I didn't touch the allocation, I set it to mostly a C/S mix in 2009 and made bank when the market boomed. I've played around a little with the lifecycle funds but, like you said, C and S return the best so I have those split 45/45 with the other 10 in L2050 since it's new and has a low share price. I just keep the existing G there as a "low risk" investment but am not actively adding to it. I could interfund transfer, but haven't seen a need to.
>>
>>1464935

You seem to know what you're doing.

I believe that Congress will gimp Social Security by the time I'm ready to retire, so I want to maximize my return in the TSP to compensate. My approach isn't for everyone.

The only thing I'd suggest, something I'm trying to do myself, is finding more money to contribute to the TSP.
>>
>>1464949
I don't expect SS to be gone, but definitely not funded at the level it is now. I'm more concerned with them trying to get rid of the FERS pension. I wish the CSRS pension was still in play since it doesn't pay into SS at all, but its been gone since before I was born. there are still a few people in my agency under CSRS that haven't retired yet, but I don't know why.

I have close to the max allowed put into the TSP every check (15%of my salary) plus an extra $100 into the Roth IRA (which doesn't show on the allocation page). I still bring home 3400/mo net, so I figure I might as well invest early so the money has more time to grow. plus the fees in TSP are so low. 29 cents for every 1000 dollars invested. can't get that anywhere else.
>>
>>1464957

I'm under FERS too, and I also wish I was under CSRS. Some of my coworkers are under CSRS and are getting ready to retire. The pension checks they'll be getting is something we can only dream about under FERS.

I agree with you about SS. It won't be gone, but I don't think I can rely on any amount they're projecting as a monthly payment at retirement. I'm trying to plan for my retirement as if SS will be zero. That way anything I get will be a pleasant surprise.

I don't think they'll change FERS for current employees. If they make any changes, they will probably only apply to new hires.
>>
>>1464968
CSRS is insane with how good it is. these people that have been working 40+ years are already at their cap, so I don't know why they won't retire. I damn sure don't enjoy thejob that much

they might change the contribution % for all employees; they already have for people hired after 2012. considering how low our raises have been, it would be a huge blow (the gap between raises and health insurance increases is already bad enough)
>>
>>1464698

I'm under FERs too but only contribute 5% for the match. Fuck putting all my money in there and being forced to wait until MRA to retire. I have 80% of my money in a Roth IRA and brokerage account.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.