[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw my marketing capstone profesor is a poo in loo who says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (526KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526KB, 600x526px
>tfw my marketing capstone profesor is a poo in loo who says ethics is anything you can get away with

Is this right?
>>
>>1464628
That's why India is a shithole
>>
>>1464628
No, that is a psychopath. I bet if you were fucking his wife or hurting his children in front of him, suddenly he would have a different idea of ethics.

That is a common trait with psychopath/sociopaths; they disregard everyone else's rights, but if you do the slightest thing against them, they get very personally offended and want to attack you.

Sounds like a complete fucking loser, and if I were you, I would reconsider listening to any of his advice. Like you said, the guy's an Indian, which should tell you all you need to know about how he approaches class differences.
>>
>>1464628
Almost forgot: In business, reputation is everything. Being "le edgy misanthrope" is a seriously irrational and flawed strategy, because it disincentivizes others to trust you and not blacklist you to everyone they know. Like, even if you get away with fucking a couple people over, the pendulum always swings back eventually.
>>
>>1464628
Is Shkreli ethical?
>>
>>1464642
>>1464628
Reputation is everything so if you are a corrupt ass people won't trust you = less mulah. I mean sure every once in a while people look in their interest in order to benefit even if that means fucking over some kids but a constant attitude like that will get you screwed.

Ignore Pajeet because he is a teacher lmao that attitude got him there.
>>
File: 1448257738306.png (690KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448257738306.png
690KB, 640x640px
>>1464628
marketing capstone profesors are the best
>>
>>1464628
morals are how you treat people you know. Ethics are how you treat people you don’t know.
>>
>>1464628
Not quite, it's more about what you should do rather than what you can do

But the other people saying no think anyone enjoying something must be extremely short sighted and also evil, so his definition is better than
>>1464641
>>1464642

But they are right about india
>>
Thats the same thing my vietnamese PhD supervisor told me.
>>
>>1464644
Some industries you can get away with being a scumbag, but the problem with being a shithead is that it's a constant fight.

Being known for being ethical means many clients come to you. You don't have to chase people, and you don't have to juggle dozens of lies. You don't even have to be 'nice'. Hell, half my reputation is that while I'm absolutely fair, I'm a total hardass. I don't put up with shit, so good clients like working with me because I'm a firewall between them and the shitheads.

If you work in an industry, and have the ability to con people long term into believing you are ethical when you really are a slimeball, power to you. Very few people have this ability, and the ones that do are multi-billionaires. It's not easy. It requires intimate knowledge of very complex relationships, as well as juggling thousands of lies and half truths.
>>
File: 1468545281724s.jpg (4KB, 99x125px) Image search: [Google]
1468545281724s.jpg
4KB, 99x125px
>>1464628
Ethics is ones moral code, which is based mostly on the principle of not harming others.

Also there is no way for us to know what we can get away with or not.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.