[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you letters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Any advice on sending business thank you letters for interviews?

Should I just get normal envelopes and print the letter or get small envelopes with actual cards? And any good places to buy supplies besides Walmart?
>>
>>1464459

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>thank you letters for interviews
Wut?
>>
>>1464459
Write a fucking personal note dumbass
>>
Lol why would you do that they'll probably laugh at you
>>
If you do it, just use smaller blank cards.
>>
>>1464504
What's the difference?
>>
>>1464459
I usually bake a cake and with icing I write a personal thank you. I send this cake to the recruiter's personal home, and even say hi to their wives sometimes. I still haven't landed a job, but I'm still truckin'
>>
>>1464464
>>1464492
>>1464504
>>1464517
t. jobless basement dwellers

http://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/interview-thank-you-letter-send-or-not
>>
Really I'm just wondering where to buy the supplies and which supplies to pick. I'm going to do information interviews opposed to job interviews btw
>>
>>1464583
Literally says in the article that nobody actually cares about thank you letters. If OP is genuinely thankful he can say so once he's hired.
>>
>>1464854
Dude... Can someone answer my question. You're worse than jury duty
>>
>>1464735
I don't think you need thank you notes for job interviews, but at least a thank you email is almost expected. I bought cheap thank you cards from Wal-Mart, hand wrote generic thank yous on them the night before my interview, did my interview, and handed my notes to the secretary before I left. I dunno if they did anything for me or anything, but I did get a job so there's that.
>>
As someone who has interviewed and extended job offers to offer a hundred professionals, I'll give you some perspective on this:

1. Yes you should do it. It won't make a large amount of difference (see below) but it can't hurt and it might help. This applies in any professional, white-collar hiring scenario. Those who scoff at the idea can go back to their fast-food jobs.

2. My feedback on your interview has already been submitted to the hiring staff days before your card arrives. I generally have to give my comments on your interview within 24-48 hours. Once my recommendation is submitted, my role is pretty much done. So most of the time, I already decided whether you're getting the job even before your card showed up.

3. But, sometimes I have to fight (or not fight) for my hiring recommendations. Not everyone agrees on candidates, and sometimes we're called upon to see how strongly we feel. Debates happen, and consensus gets reached eventually. And sometimes decisions do get delayed, due to schedules, vacations, etc.

So in some cases, the decision-making can happen after I receive your note, which might persuade me to put in a little extra effort on your behalf, since you showed me respect and courtesy.
>>
I've had three interviews in my life, all were very pleasant affairs and I have job offers within several hours after each of them.

On the one hand I'm happy but on the other whenever I feel all the people griping about job interviews I feel like I've been cut off from what's a very powerful set of experiences shared by most of the population.
>>
>>1464459
Just send a short note through email.
>>
>>1464459

Only betas and cucks send thank you notes.

You should be immediately having sex with the interviewer's spouse or grandparent in order to assert dominance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.