[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Interior_of_the_Russian_Tea_Room.jpg (994KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Interior_of_the_Russian_Tea_Room.jpg
994KB, 3888x2592px
Thinking about opening one in my city in Downtown since there isn't one yet. Why is this a bad idea?
>>
>>1463418
Approximately 60% of restaurants go bankrupt within a single year, just saiyan
>>
>>1463418
what will it serve?

exclusively government cheese?
>>
>>1463418
Russian food is a joke bred out of poverty
>>
>>1463418
because other than some of their soups, most Russian food is rather bland. But zapekanka is pretty good depending on how it's prepared and rather cheap too.
>>
>>1463434
Pelmeni
Chebyreki
Various soups
Nalisniki
Etc
>>
No one wants to eat Russian food that isn't Russian. You better have a big Russian community to serve.
>>
>>1463422
Seconded. Food and beverage based businesses are statistically bad
>>
>>1463418
As someone who loves the Russian restaurants in D.C., you'll have a hard time because virtually nobody thinks of Russian when they think of eating out. Thai, Chinese, Mexican... you name it - all popular. Russian? Not so much.

>>1464115
>No one wants to eat Russian food that isn't Russian. You better have a big Russian community to serve.
True, but people I have introduced to Russian food liked it. You just have to have brand ambassadors, for lack of a better term.

>>1464235
>Seconded. Food and beverage based businesses are statistically bad
Also, this.
>>
>>1463418
Russian here.

Our food sucks. Only way you'll have a chance is if you speak Russian well. You also need to be in a heavily populated Russian community. Our food isn't as exciting and appealing as all other forms of food so you won't really be able to market to non-russians.

The only way you will have success is if you get mafia connections and run a cash based business marketed to the more upscale Russians. They love to pay in cash because of the lack of tracing ability (their money isn't exactly legal). Don't be surprised if FBI comes knocking though.
>>
>>1463418
Are you Russian? Do you belong to a Russian community in your city?
>>
Restaurants are very bad businesses to start, in general. Unless making money is totally irrelevant to you and you just want to do it 'for fun' - and, ideally, you're very rich and willing to *lose* money every year on this, I would suggest not doing it.

The vast majority of new restaurants fail (in the US, something like 90% will fail within two years of opening), and the vast majority of those which do not actually go bankrupt or otherwise end up closing seem to just scrape by without generating any significant return for their owners.

There are so many restaurants in any even mid-sized city that competition is inevitably cut-throat; and all of the profits are competed away.

People think of cut-throat competition as this incredibly capitalistic thing, but it isn't capitalistic at all in the sense that it makes it extremely challenging - bordering on impossible - to actually generate capital.

You end up with a situation in which people are working very hard to just to keep their restaurants solvent, just to keep paying the rent and making payroll, but almost nobody is actually making a profit. Even if you're very good, it's virtually impossible to make money in the restaurant business. For a new entrant, the chance of real success (i.e. genuine and significant long-term profitability) is close to zero.

If you want to make money, you need to do something else.

If you're content to just barely break even, with a lot of hard work, go for it.
>>
>>1464672
He could do like flared up russian

Like that terrible tomato soup - bam! Spices

Now its terrible russian and mexican soup
>>
I imagine it would center on caviar and vodka
>>
Well obviously restaurants fail because the market is flooded and the wages are high therefore they are unaffordable by most
>>
>>1463418
>Why is this a bad idea?
Because your picture accurately portrays both (a) how much you'll spend on this, and (b) how many customers you'll receive on an average night.
>>
make it a hip hole in the wall
minimize expenses, maximize profit margin, will attract "worldly" whites instead of actual russian swine
>>
>>1464677
Yes and Yes, large Russian community here.
>>
>>1463418
Russian is a bad cuisine to try and build a restaurant around for a few reasons.

A) Its not particularly trendy in major cities except in areas with HUGE Russian communities, and even then its usually a shitty little place with low prices. Basically normies just don't give a shit about food from that region.

B) Russians don't like eating out for food they know how to make at home. Russian mothers and grandmothers have a pot of borscht and frozen pelmini ready anytime.

You would have an easier time trying to sell French food too a Russian communities than Russian food, unless you are making specialty shit like breads and cakes.
>>
>>1463418
Russian food is boring.
Everybody hate Russia.
Russians are not nice so psycologicaly no one will want to enter...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.