[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sex sells, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: tubleme.jpg (221KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
tubleme.jpg
221KB, 333x500px
OK /biz/ sorta weird question here.

I have a lot of pop culture stuff to get rid of. A comic con would probably be the best place to do clear out the most fastest. But booths there are several hundred bucks (vs smaller local cons) so I can only try this once.

Would it help or hurt to crossplay? Assume I pass for average unless you stare or you pull me into a lengthy conversation about which Darth Vader toy is the best.
>>
File: fhfhf2.jpg (57KB, 926x356px) Image search: [Google]
fhfhf2.jpg
57KB, 926x356px
>>1462784
How many times can I upload this picture before I get banned?

blah, blah, nuclear holocaust.
>>
>>1462788
That's...interesting?

As I thought about how wise it was to post a question like that to 4chan, it sounded more and more like the plot of a bad sitcom. I'm still interested in the economic effect but now there's the question of how unhinged the 'comics r cereal bizness' crowd might get.
>>
>>1462941
just sell it on ebay or at a sunday market, less chance of catching the autism
>>
>>1462784
Most broadly speaking, it would help. Keep in mind that a huge percentage of people at cons are somewhat awkward, showing some solidarity would help grease the wheels. A normal attractive girl at a con gets attention, but an attractive nerdy girl at a convention has to beat attention off with a stick.

Yes, you will get pulled to the side for lengthy conversations, regardless of what you're wearing - you probably just need to prepare for the autism.
>>
>>1462784
>It's a trap!

Would probably be better and less stressful to Go through Ebay/Kajiji/Craigs List.

Sex gets attention, Attractive girls make guys do dumb things to impress them.

That supports your Idea. Against it is that Guys looking at hot girls are paying attention to the hot girl not the product. They will be more interested in awkwardly flirting/sexual harassing/groping you. Guys and a few girls will awkwardly hit on/talk to you with no intention of buying anything.

Also Con goers can be rather whimsical, picky and indecisive.
You MAY be able to sell your shit. Depending on the variety and quality of your shit and the prices you set you could sellout in hours or be lucky to break even.

Honestly without experience in this and having a good bit of luck that your shit is the sort others will pay for, it will probably be more trouble than its worth.

Also crowds are an issue, the Merchandise area at anime north tends to be crazy crowded.

Your sex appeal is useless against the awkward anxiety of being crushed against 6 other nerds due to there being no fucking room.

It may straight up be easier to sell the idea and supplies to someone else. Less of a pain in your ass and less risk.
>>
>>1462784
Hire a hot girl to sell it while wearing a low-cut top. Encourage her to flirt with customers to get them to buy more shit.
Price high in the morning, offer discounts later on or for bulk buys.
Sell cold drinks if you can.
>>
>>1463892
OP here. Discounts don't work unless massive and customers rarely buy two items at once. Facility is indoors and prohibits sale of food and drink anyway. I'm looking at a big con for traffic and I'm out of ideas to drive sales.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.