[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im currently a marine mechanic and temp launch boy (make tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: sheckels.jew.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sheckels.jew.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Im currently a marine mechanic and temp launch boy (make tips driving people out to there boats) I make 12$ an hour, 242 in a personal check and the rest in cash, i make about 400-450 a week without counting tips from the temp launch boy job. Im 19, im out of highschool and didnt have an oppurtunity to go to college. I currently live in a aparment attached to my grandparents house for free, I have an amazing oppurtunity to save money but im finding it super hard, whatever money I save I end up spending it all. Is there any tips on saving money or little things I could do on the side to earn extra money? Idk if i can post this on here but I figured id give it a shot.. Thank you.
>>
>>1461343
I have an expensive hobby (video games) and even I have no trouble saving money since I, like you, have no real expenses.
Are you going out to clubs every night or something? Try being a shut-in instead. It's a lot cheaper.
>>
>>1461345
I basically work all day 6 days a week and either netflix&chill with my GF or vidya, Idk just somehow blow it. I think i got it from my parents because both of them were/are financial trainwrecks completely.
>>
>>1461348
Netflix is a fixed and fairly low cost so that's not the problem.
Vidya is expensive like I said but unless you have pleb tastes and only play AAA games it's not hard at all to spend less than $100 a month on it and still have tons of new content, especially if you have so little free time. Or are you some dipshit who buys 40 Overwatch crates every week?
>>
>>1461355
I still play diablo, and steamgames i bought in highschool.
I honestly have no idea how i spend it, alot is on food, since living alone is ass. I do pay an outrageous phonebill also each month, and help my GF out when she needs it, she lives 45 min away so I give her gas money bc she comes to me alot of the time, and i take her out and shit
>>
>>1461355
Oh yeah, I also get ALOT of tattoos, but my artist is a very close friend (thank god he isnt shit either) so its typically supercheap/free
>>
>>1461358
Learn to cook and start eating a lot of white rice. It tastes great and it's cheap as fuck.

>I do pay an outrageous phonebill also each month
You don't have a landline, do you?

>and i take her out and shit
That's probably the problem. Keep track of how much money you spend when you go out and try to cut it down.
>>
>>1461366
Yeah, maybe i should count the money i spend with her for one week. She just got her job back so now she can actually not leech off me.
>>
>>1461343
I wish I had to expenses like you fucks, must be nice. Wait until you do. You can't even save money with zero pressure. You just might an hero once you step into the real world.
>>
Pay off all your debt if you have any. This is the first and foremost problem.

Next, learn to cook some basic things. I can live on $30 a week in groceries without worrying.

If you drink, buy a bottle of a heavy proof cheap stuff. $3 bottle of wine gets you just as drunk as a $300 bottle. Set a limit on your drinking: once a month is plenty and it will keep your tolerance low.

Look at comparable insurance rates on your car insurance - make sure you're picking the most affordable option.

If you have a hard time saving money for yourself, consider investing in something that you can't immediately get the money back from that pays interest. There are things out there like p2p lending through Lending Club (do your homework there first), as well as "christmas club accounts", which are short term savings accounts that don't let you pull money from the account until (usually) november 1st. Basically it protects your money from yourself.

Look at getting a building credit card. Capital One has a great credit-building system, actually, and reports monthly to the credit bureau's when you're paying on time. They usually require a cash deposit if your credit isn't good, but that's okay because you get it all back when you close the account and have paid off the balance.

Look at cutting T.V. out of your budget, and at this point you shouldn't have a home phone. The internet can provide what t.v. has and more.

Look at changing your cell phone plan - almost every carrier is willing to pay your early termination fees on your account if you switch to them, but be aware it requires you to send them your final bill statement - don't miss this or it's your ass that has to pay.

Every time you're about to buy something, remind yourself that you're just putting another hurdle between where you are and where you want to be in life.

I can give you a sample grocery list if you want.
>>
File: 1416609106142.jpg (24KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1416609106142.jpg
24KB, 400x307px
>>1461343
Even though I get paid monthly, I got to the ATM every friday and withdraw all my spending money for the week, what I have budgeted for. Then I leave my cards at home and only use the cash, until next friday.

This system works for me
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.