[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Term Net Worth Calculator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

File: net.jpg (31KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
net.jpg
31KB, 560x420px
hey /biz/

I wrote this little calculator on MATLAB that takes your income and property and shows your total assets through time.

>pics are for my current situation (just bought a $600k house)

I'll try your scenario if you give me the following parameters (any parameter that you DON'T give me, I'll just use the default).
>Salary before tax or anything (if multiple incomes, give me each one)
>Salary increase each year (default: 1%)
>What percent of each salary goes into 401k (or IRA)? (default: 0%, i.e. you have no 401k or IRA)
>Percent yearly growth of 401k or IRA (default: 5%)
>Value of any property you own or are paying
>Property appreciation per year (default: 1%)
>Property loan down payment and interest rate (default: 10% and 4%, respectively)
>How long will it take to pay this loan (default: 30 years)
>Monthly non-mortgage total expenses (default: $3000)

There are a bunch of other parameters but it's too complicated to ask for those.

Also, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions to make it better.
>>
File: income.jpg (65KB, 1062x593px) Image search: [Google]
income.jpg
65KB, 1062x593px
>>1459450
>our income
>>
File: house.jpg (59KB, 850x559px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
59KB, 850x559px
>>1459450
>info on the house loan... i'm assuming it will appreciate from $600k to $900k in 30 years, which is not unreasonable at all.
>on the right is a break out of the monthly mortgage payment
>>
I've been looking for something like this. If you could make it web based maybe you could monetize it.
>>
>Salary before tax or anything (if multiple incomes, give me each one)

$50k anual net

>Salary increase each year (default: 1%)

1%

>What percent of each salary goes into 401k (or IRA)?

10%

>Percent yearly growth of 401k

7%, I'm optimistic.

>Value of any property you own or are paying

House 1: $200k paid in full

House 2: $50k equity , $150k owed. Will be paid in full in 9 years.

>Property appreciation per year (default: 1%)

1%

>Monthly non-mortgage total expenses (default: $3000)

$2000
thanks anon!
>>
File: income_01.jpg (44KB, 784x461px) Image search: [Google]
income_01.jpg
44KB, 784x461px
>>1459572
>since you said $50k net, I put your gross income at $70k so after taxes and 401k/IRA it goes to $50k
>let me know if this is not right
>>
File: house_01.jpg (51KB, 823x448px) Image search: [Google]
house_01.jpg
51KB, 823x448px
>>1459572
>I lumped in both properties into one worth $400k of which you have paid $250k and intend to pay the remainder in 9 years. It's exactly the same
>I am not taking into consideration that part of the mortgage payment is tax deductible, i'll add this to the calculator soon.
>>
File: net_01.jpg (35KB, 621x458px) Image search: [Google]
net_01.jpg
35KB, 621x458px
>>1459572
>I assumed you have about $50k in savings right now
>It seems like you're going to slowly eat through those savings in order to pay off the loan faster to avoid wasting money on interest later. Good idea, but be careful not to run out of cash.
>>
File: net_01a.jpg (26KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
net_01a.jpg
26KB, 560x420px
>>1459572
>here's your net worth if you refinance that shit into a new 30 year loan
>you have less at the end but you live more comfortably
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 1140x694px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 1140x694px
R8 H8
>>
File: net_01aa.jpg (34KB, 628x470px) Image search: [Google]
net_01aa.jpg
34KB, 628x470px
>>1460024
CANCEL THAT... sorry
>There's an error on the net worth chart linked above (i accidently gave you $300k in savings)

>pic related is correct, if you refinance you will be in the red for a while... there is no comfort here, only pain
>>
>>1459450
OP here,

Btw, I forgot to add, when you give me your parameters, also give me how much money you currently have in liquid cash savings. I will assume that this is in some savings account with such a shitty interest rate that it is negligible.
>>
File: net_01aaa.jpg (38KB, 699x479px) Image search: [Google]
net_01aaa.jpg
38KB, 699x479px
>>1460012
fml... this one is also wrong... i am not properly including the equity of your properties in the net worth chart

>pic related is now correct (i hope)
>this is why i want to test it with different people's scenarios and iron out the kinks
>>
>>1460025
brah, can you give me your information (asked in the OP) so i can calculate your shit
>>
>>1460012
Sorry forgot to mention the property with the mortgage is a rental and is currently breaking even. It will cash flow after being paid off. Figure $12k per year profit.
>>
>>1459450
This is pretty fuckin' rad, good work.

>house
Congrats!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.