[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is teaching a lucrative profession in your state/country? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: teacher salaries canada.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teacher salaries canada.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
Is teaching a lucrative profession in your state/country?

If Hillary wins, I'm moving to Canada because apparently their teachers are fucking ballers.
>>
>>1457536
>$99,300
what's that in real dollars, $24k?
>>
>10 years to make less money than my first job out of college

Real lucrative.
>>
Yeah but the market is so flooded because of that, its incredibly difficult for new teachers to get full time positions.
And canuckbucks is only like 0.77 freedom dollars. So still like 50% more than the US.
>>
>>1457561
What job is that?
>>
They get taxed out the ass because it's a government job with good benefits. Also goodluck getting anything more than the occasional supply teaching gig. Most end up having to go back to school for something they can actually get hired in sadly.
>>
>>1457536
to get a work visa in canada you need to have an advanced degree in a technical field with many years of work experience and a job offer from a candian company that can prove to immigration that they attempted a job search but were unable to find a suitable canadian to fill that position, then while your paperwork is pending they need to conduct another job search.

Moving to Canada because you don't like Hillary Clinton is not a realistic option for you.
>>
>>1457536
10 years experience in Australia gets about $100k AUD which is about $78k USD

>Work 8:30am - 3:30pm Mon - Fri
>Can literally work a 2nd full-time job outside those hours, 4pm-10pm Mon - Fri + weekends
>Can be a teacher by day, gas station attendant or freelance whatever by night and take in $150k in a year with very little intelligence required.
>Marry a like-minded teacher like I wish I did and you'd be a couple earning $300k
>At that stage you'd both probably drop the 2nd job so you earn a combined $200k doing literally nothing but repeating what you did for the past 10 years

Not to mention salary steps if you become 'head of department' or 'pastoral care coordinator' or some shit that reduces teaching time and reduces overall effort while giving 10's of thousands MORE pay
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.