[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short: Someone I know was selling his company for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (38KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 460x460px
Long story short:

Someone I know was selling his company for 2 million dollars.

I stepped in, found some buyers, and sold his company for him, for 3 million dollars.

So I got a million dollar "commission" or whatever you want to call it.

The deal just went through 3 days ago, my tax lady said I will have to pay over 400k in taxes.

Anybody know a way to avoid paying taxes on this? Any ideas will help. I don't care if it's a trust fund, reinvesting, ANYTHING will help, any ideas.
>>
>>1456517
You should talk to someone who explicitly specializes in taxes. There are mechanisms to avoid taxes by putting the money somewhere else, but my knowledge on the topic isn't current (and most of my knowledge involves oldschool legal tactics, like passing inheritances to your kids). If you're about to make a cool million, for fuck's sake, hire somebody.
>>
>>1456523
I asked my tax lady and she said there's no way to do it... I'm hoping she doesn't know wtf she's talking about. I asked my friend who is a lawyer and he doesn't know either.

Im hoping I can find a savvy investor who knows the ropes.
>>
tax attorney here

if you put it in your bank account already you are fucked

should have made a corporation, had it operating at a 'loss' and documented such losses on the books generating net operating losses

then you should have had the money put into that corporation's bank account and used the net operating losses as tax credits against the gains

srry bro
>>
>>1456530
Hate to break it to you, but investors aren't going to know tax code.

Your best shot would be to see if you could get a quick call with a tax lawyer specializing in helping high-wealth individuals. I won't point you to any in particular (because I can't vouch for any), but Google around. Find someone in a reputable firm who (1) does tax law exclusively and (2) assists with private wealth or just estates generally. They'll charge a lot, but $1k/hr. isn't bad if they save you $400k.
>>
>>1456542
Nah, I still have time. It's not in my bank account yet.

So if I make a Corp, don't I have to prove its at a "loss"?
>>
>>1456544
Yeah, I do NOT want to pay this 400k. It's not like I make a million every year.
>>
>>1456542

Yep. But given you do not have one it would look suspicious as fuck.

I would do what zuckerjew did and make a 501c3 or 501c4 "not for profit" corporation that you are ceo, director, member of the board of, ect and throw it into that

no taxes and you can just bill everything to the corp as an expense
>>
>>1456558
Good idea, I will look into that.
>>
Pay your fucking taxes you piece of shit
>>
>>1456517
Do you trust your wife? What I mean is, do you think she'd go behind your back? Try to
hamstring you? Because if you do trust her, there's no reason in the world you
can't keep every cent of that money.
>>
>>1456582
10/10 reference
>>
>>1456568

paying legally required amount of tax, which is 0 if he proceeds with the transaction using a 501c corp is paying the amount of taxes you owe the govt

>-> lefty /pol/
>>
>>1456542

This.

But even then, the IRS would have likely seen through the ruse.

There's nothing you can do man, just the way it is. My father is pretty savvy with investments and taxes. He did a RE deal where he made $2 million. He had to pay about $800k to the IRS. There is just no way around it.
>>
>>1456558
care to elaborate more about what mark zuckerberg did?

i dont believe this is actually a thing you can do, maybe im wrong
>>
>>1456568
Yes, pay your taxes, I need the NEETbux and don't you want to subsidize those eccentric Afro-Americans?
>>
>>1456517
Make a 527 Nonprofit (PAC)

You'll make returns like no other
>>
>>1456641
Well I'm glad they give people like you my spare change.
Honestly, just knowing you'll always be a virgin and that your mom will have to drive you everywhere is enough for me. That plus autism must be a tough sort of life mang.
>>
File: rigt.png (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
rigt.png
9KB, 239x211px
>>1456648
how is this even possible? how can he register as a non-profit?

is it really that easy? I imagine you can't just make 1 million and then register as a nonprofit and keep it all.

right?
>>
>>1456648

This is actually a good way to go to jail.

I used to know a guy from work that did this and he is currently being investigated at the state level.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.