[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ fuckin listen m8. Portable housing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: a relocatable house.jpg (107KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
a relocatable house.jpg
107KB, 1024x576px
This is a legit idea ive come up with.

>buy cheap ass block of residential land for below market average
>go to land, mow it, remove plants/bushes ect. make it seem bigger
>contact a company that makes cheap portable houses
>pay contractors to prep the land for sewerage/power/water/ect (or do it yourself)
>get portable house delivered to your lot. connect it to utilities.
>plant a gardens, plants, bushes (to make the place look nice)
>begin marketing (or continue marketing) to sell your new house under the average market price for a house.

why not build a house?
- an average house in aus costs about 100-200k to build. my option will cost about 60-80k

what are the overall costs?
-40000 for land
-(worst case) 80000 for house
-(worst case) 20000 for contractors
-10000 for random other expenses
-total = 150,000 in expenses
-sell for what ever you want, but anything under 200,000 is well below market in aus atm
-everyone should want to buy it because of ridiculous house prices atm

but youre only saving like 20-50k on this?

its the time factor that matters even more. to drop down a house it takes less than a week.

6-18months for a house to be built
1month and 7 days for a house to be situated through my plan (plus 1month for contract work)

if this was actually a good idea everyone would be doing it right?

what are the potential problems you can see with this plan?
>>
>$20,000 AUD for contractors

hahahahahahahhaha

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAA oh fuck,

Oh fuckin' hell. Don't even get me started with the rest
>>
Well, guy, to start there is a VERY significant expense associated with sewage/power/water. 20k is not even the half of it.

2nd, no one wants to pay brick and mortar prices for a shitty track home.
>>
>>1455917
i work in construction doing those types of jobs, i know for a fact that i can get that price

>>1455918
>2nd, no one wants to pay brick and mortar prices for a shitty track home.
i think people dont want to pay 200,000-300,000 for a normal home.

>Well, guy, to start there is a VERY significant expense associated with sewage/power/water. 20k is not even the half of it.

the idea is to buy a residiantal lot, but obviously it has to have those ultilities under the ground already. the only thing that needs to be done is to prep the area so that each service is ready to connect
>>
So it's a trailer park?
>>
>>1455926
>i think people dont want to pay 200,000-300,000 for a normal home.
But they do. All the time, religiously. I'm in real estate and the first thing a potential buyer asks is "who lived in it previously". Your answer is going to be, "Well, no one. I built it with the intention on turning a quick profit" and they are going to walk from the deal because they notice its an $80,000 portable home. The problem with an $80,000 portable home is that it looks and feels like an $80,000 portable home.

People are generally willing to pay about . . . $80,000 for said home lol.
>>
The main reason the market in AUS is what it is right now is because the homes are built with solid, quality parts and good architecture. If you insert shitty china homes into the market, you don't get to charge near or even at market rates for a sub-market property. Additionally, the only way you are getting a vacant lot sold is with a massive, top shelf home on it. Its vacant because there is nothing around making it less than preferable to live in. That is what we call; Social Obsolescence. The cheap house itself serves as Functional Obsolescence. before you head down this road you should google those terms.
>>
>>1455930
thats a good point.
but im sure there is a way to spruce up the place to make it feel less like a $80,000 portable home. like plants, gardens, mabye a lil pond or some paving or some shit. id have to do the paving myself though since that can get expensive.

>I'm in real estate
do you ever come accross the type of buyer who cares more about living in a cheap home over a 300,000 one? because i know im in that catagory and i think that others would think the same
>>
>>1455932
> Social Obsolescence
> Functional Obsolescence
Typically, one of these is enough to reduce the appraisal value of the property by over 40%; let alone both.
>>
>>1455932
will do
>>
>>1455935
Yes. Because generally people dont have a few hundred grand to just sit around and they need to finance it. Banks are just not willing to front more money than a property is worth. Loan to Value ratio kills deals for one of the aforementioned points. The property WILL be appraised by a non-biased professional and he will rape the expected value because of the way it was built. Thus, the bank kills the deal. This would work for an all cash deal though.
>>
>>1455942
>The property WILL be appraised by a non-biased professional and he will rape the expected value because of the way it was built. Thus, the bank kills the deal

fuck. well i didnt know that. are there many people who would buy houses with cash or there savings alone? i expect not many
>>
>>1455949
I've done over two hundred deals, with maybe 3 cash buyers. All over 55.
>>
Actually, now that I think of it. They might finance it if the guy has better credit than god himself. but i'd wager if he did, he owns a real home lol. But banks will loan anything to the right person. Albeit very very rarely.
>>
>>1455952
looks like i have to rework my plan. thanks for the info
>>
>>1455956
No worries, hopefully since this is literally my only topic of expertise I've helped you and any lurkers.

I am the Real Estate Clark Kent.
>>
Tl;dr won't work
>>
>>1455909

>6-18months for a house to be built

Fuck man, where I'm from it only takes 2 months tops to put up a house, and these are small time independent contractors.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.