[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can your parents file with your income as their income? Sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ty.gif (1MB, 190x170px)
ty.gif
1MB, 190x170px
Can your parents file with your income as their income?

Sort of like a joint Parent-child 1040?
>>
>>1455464
Lolwot
>>
>>1455464

No, but they can claim you as a dependent.
>>
>>1455474
>>1455476
my parents are being retarded and saying that since the IRS didn't care they filed it like that for so long they're doing it right
>>
>>1455464
no
I don't think so.
that would be weird.
>>
>>1455479
but then why didn't the IRS care?
>>
>>1455478
Protip: the IRS cares
>>
>>1455478
i dont see why they would want to increase their income base. however, if you have income, you probably provide for yourself. if they don't provide at least half of your food and rent over a year, they can't claim you as a dependent. (which fucks you over if you have certain tax benefits)

they are trying to commit tax fraud and i'd just go ahead and send the IRS a letter. your parents are most likely narcissistic pieces of shit that use and abuse you.
>>
>>1455481
>>1455482
Then why hasn't the IRS said anything? they've done it like this for multiple years, they've even been audited once during the time
>>
>>1455485
So let me get this straight. Your parents... reported your income as their income... the IRS audited them... and nothing came of it? Something is really off about this story.
>>
>>1455487
Yup, but I didn't file taxes because they said I didn't have to so the IRS still got their money
>>
>>1455492
What type of income is it? Investment income?
>>
>>1455495
W2 money and school scholarships
>>
>>1455497
W2 money? From a job? If you are filling out a w2 you should be filing your own income.
>>
>>1455504
under 6,200 you don't have to file

anyway I know that NOW but im seeing if my parents royally fucked up
>>
>>1455508
Yea you don't have to file but that doesn't mean they can file your income for you. The only way it would even be remotely legal is if it was investment income. They probably lied, bro.
>>
>>1455508
Plus if your income was that low you should be getting a tax return. There's no reason for you not to file.
>>
File: .png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>1455513
>>1455512
>tfw filing an amended tax return so late
>>
>>1455513
except for the fact that his parents are probably not telling him he actually gets a return and are cashing it in for themselves
>>
>>1455520
Kinda reminds me of my ex gf. I went with her to do her taxes one year and wondered why she was putting 0 dependants on the form. She said she didn't know, that the tax man sets up all the paperwork for her each year. Then I come to find out that her tax man was her dad's tax man. Her dad was telling her to go there every year so she wouldnt ask any questions and he could continue to claim her as a dependant even though she lived on her own. 5 years later he had scammed her out of about 10 grand in tax returns LOL.
>>
>>1455523
quick question

if you don't want to claim yourself as a Dependant on the EZ-1040 forum do you still check box the "you" on space 5?
>>
>>1455530
Yea
>>
>>1455534
and if you don't is it just blank? or do you still check "you"
>>
>>1455547
Blank.
>>
>>1455551
>tfw I fucked up and checked you as a Dependant this year
well fuck
>>
>>1455562
Yea you fucked up lol. You only check that if someone else is filing you as a dependant.
>>
>>1455571
welp I guess everybody in my household is filing a 1040X then kek
>>
>>1455523
she might be able to legally do something about that if she hasn't
shitty parents should be treated like the scum they are
>>
>>1455695
I told her that but she's asian. The culture would never allow her to even say something to her dad, let alone pursue legal recourse.
>>
>>1455718
if she's in america, the culture is fuck you
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.