[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to schedule interviews Do people get asshurt if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1471313443507.jpg (339KB, 1029x850px) Image search: [Google]
1471313443507.jpg
339KB, 1029x850px
>trying to schedule interviews
Do people get asshurt if you reject their time & dates because you have other interviews?

>implying my time isn't worth 5 times more than any HR slut would ever make
>>
It depends on how shitty the HR drone is.

Most are lazy morons that dont want to do more work. It does however make you seem more valuable and make them want you more.

I typically reject the first interview time and tell them I already have committed to an interview with their competitor in the area.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 637x731px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 637x731px
>>1452978
No, typically it's not the boss scheduling the interview anyway, it's just some HR pleb trying who's the go-to goy for making phone calls. Try to be somewhat flexible because scheduling is a pain in the ass but don't bend over backwards for those faggots, there's no guarantee you're going to get the jeb anyway
>>
File: 1437250618595.png (155KB, 349x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437250618595.png
155KB, 349x360px
>>1453038
Yeah I realize it's some HR pleb doing the scheduling.

They called me today (Friday) wanting to have an interview on Monday or Tuesday. I said I had prior commitments on both Monday and Tuesday afternoon. The HR pleb sounded annoyed and said she would email me back (?) but didn't.
>>
>>1452988
>People actually believe this
The interview is where they'll decide your value. If you spaghetti over the interview they'll see right through it.

All it signals to me is "I don't care about the work, I just want to get paid."

>inb4 "passion shouldn't matter"

>>1453053
just make sure to follow up with them before end of work.
>>
>>1453251
>just make sure to follow up with them before end of work.
I live in Europe so it's already way past work hours.

Highly unprofessional to call 4pm on a Friday to schedule interviews on Monday/Tuesday in my opinion.
>>
>>1453251
>inb4 "passion shouldn't matter"

It literally doesn't unless you're hitting a bleeding edge research field or something of that sort. I hated getting my first job in food service with all those shitty fake "you have to love doing this garbage job" personas hiring management put on, and despite making it clear that I couldn't care less beyond doing my job and getting money, I still got promoted to trainer.
>>
So wtf should you do when the scheduling doesn't work out? I thought I was supposed to apply for many jebs simultaneously.

And what's up with scheduling interviews for the same day or the next? Don't they realize that people have other commitments and like to prepare for the interviews?
>>
>>1453513
It's where we as an employer find out if you're willing to make us a priority. Need to reschedule because of all the important things you're doing? Now we know where we rank in your life.

also we don't want you to prepare for an interview. Seriously, give honest answers, not rehearsed bullshit. We're hiring you, not the skit you practiced in the mirror for a week.
>>
>>1452978

At my last job (prior to the current one).

One of my duties was to schedule interviews for my manager.

Lots of people couldn't do the recommended times I gave them, but I didn't really give a shit and scheduled them for whenever we were available. I suspect most people in HR are used to people not being available all the time.

Showing up late or not at all was the killer though. Those people went into the trash.
>>
>>1453522
>It's where we as an employer find out if you're willing to make us a priority. Need to reschedule because of all the important things you're doing? Now we know where we rank in your life.

I suspect most qualified people will be doing stuff during the weekdays. If you only interview people that can show up the next day you will end up with the bottom unemployed trash.

>also we don't want you to prepare for an interview. Seriously, give honest answers, not rehearsed bullshit. We're hiring you, not the skit you practiced in the mirror for a week.

This is just bullshit. It is clearly you are just trolling and has never attended an interview in your life. You are supposed to research the company/field before the interview.
>>
>>1453501
There are some jobs that are shit, and everybody knows they're shit. You don't have to put on a bullshit facade for some minimum wage burger flipping gig. That's completely different from a job that any reasonable non-NEET would actually want to complete. You want someone who actually does their work well, on-time, and won't leave for a better offer as soon as he's trained.

If you don't have passion, at least have some professionalism about it, unlike the sperg I replied to who rejects the first interview time at McDonald's because he has a conflict with the interview at the Burger King across the street. Even if you're not overly interested, there's zero reason to act intentionally disinterested.
>>
>>1453614
>Even if you're not overly interested, there's zero reason to act intentionally disinterested.
True. But that didn't answer my question. What are you supposed to do when you have geninue scheduling problems? I already had multiple interviews scheduled for next week besides work and then some HR slut calls today at 4pm and want an interview on Monday or Tuesday (already committed on both times).
>>
>>1453629
Tell them you can't do them. You already did that, so I don't know what you're asking anymore. Since it's too late now, check back with them on Monday to see if something will work out. If they're unreasonable and don't accommodate you, just move on.
>>
>>1453612
>You are supposed to research the company/field before the interview.
you should probably do that before you apply, not interview.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.