[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ab Inbev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ab-inbev-brands.jpg (129KB, 635x300px) Image search: [Google]
ab-inbev-brands.jpg
129KB, 635x300px
Anyone interested in the brewing industry?

How is the budweiser-coors deal even legal? And how are they getting away with buying up craft breweries still?
>>
craft beer is stronger than ever in the states.

if someone wants to be bought, they will be bought. this is common in many industries.
>>
>>1452740
"Stronger than ever". abinbev has monopoly power in the global brewing market. They have 1/3 of the entire beer production in the world and they just bought the second. I just don't get why antitrust regulations haven't stopped them
>>
>>1452740
>>1452746
And Abinbev controls 90% of some beer markets throughout the world.
>>
>>1452746

it is stronger than ever.

their sales are way down
>>
>>1452746
I imagine they haven't been the subject of regulations because the startup costs of a small brewery aren't really that high and the product isn't technologically difficult to produce, so there will always be a reasonable threat of new competition.
>>
>>1452751
Yeah, but craft doing well doesn't change the reality of the market. A firm operating with monopoly power shouldn't be happening and shouldn't be allowed to continually make big plays in the global market.

Abinbev plays by US trade regulations when they are operating there, but everywhere else that doesn't have those regulations is being fucked.
>>
>>1452755
It's not the startup cost. The scale that they are able to produce at is unimaginable. The distribution network that is in their back pocket spans the whole world
>>
>>1452762
Scale makes no difference.

Pretty hard to monopolize a luxury that people can make in their kitchens with little effort. Or they can simply open a brewery like so many people have in the last few years.

If you want to get upset about something look at the incentives they give distributors if they only carry their beer, no craft allowed. It reeks of desperation as they have been bleeding market share to little guys for years now.
>>
>>1452839
You can call it a luxury, but it's one that every class consumes, even homeless in the entire world. #1 alcoholic beverage in the world

The returns to scale that allow them to package and sell 30 packs for the same price as some 6 packs. They pay way more for the packaging than they do the beer, that's pretty much all they pay for.

Being able to bottle/can for a brewery is big on its own. It takes money, space and distributors.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.