[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coding Bootcamp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: devbootcamp.jpg (89KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
devbootcamp.jpg
89KB, 876x493px
Maybe this is a more /g/ oriented question, but I keep seeing these "code bootcamps" and was curious if they really can get someone to become proficient at coding.

I have two bachelors in chemistry/physiology and work in pharmaceutical sales. I'm not looking to do a 180 and become some full time CS person, but I'd like to be able to be knowledgeable about this type of stuff and maybe develop rough blueprints for programs/apps that would be beneficial to my field. Would one of these bootcamps do that?
>>
>>1452266

Do you really need more school? think "how much of my life have I spent in motherfucking school doing arbitrary shit?"

If you want to learn, teach yourself. I did it it's not that hard.
>>
File: 1467240720880.jpg (212KB, 1024x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1467240720880.jpg
212KB, 1024x1343px
Everything you want to learn is already on the internet,bootcamps are a waste of time/money.Start with codeacademy then learn a couple frameworks and start developing your own projects.
>>
>>1452266
Yes. Codecademy or the free Udacity.
>>
Coding bootcamps are scams and current era snake oil. As someone said, everything you need is available on the internets, you just have to search.
>>
>>1452420
I guess one of the things I had wanted also was a certificate that says "can do basic code" or something to that effect. Would that hold any weight anywhere?
>>
>>1452404
I learn this type of stuff better in structured environments though :\
>>
>>1452499
then use codecademy its free
>>
>>1452499

Is that because you have spent so much time in school and never tried?

Or are you just too low test to motivate yourself?

You will never be successful if you spend all your time in school not doing actual work.
>>
>>1452508
Probably the latter ._.

But also see >>1452498
>>
>>1452527

It's called shithub

You can post all of your programs there and people will judge you based on them
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1452498
A good portfolio is thousand Times better then some uselless paper from a sketchy bootcamp.
>>
>>1452266
they work if you're a woman
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.