[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gift Card Scam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 234169.jpg (137KB, 439x2048px) Image search: [Google]
234169.jpg
137KB, 439x2048px
Would it be illegal to sell, for example, an empty $10 giftcard that has $10 clearly printed on it with the title "$10 [name] gift card" with "Card only, no value loaded" as the description?

Not a lot, but some people wont read more than the title.
>>
>>1452172
There are easier ways to make money that arn't retarded.

Selling windows keys is one. not gonna tell u where to get them
>>
beyond the obvious stupidity and prevailing false/misleading advertising laws, how many of these cards do you actually expect to sell?
>>
>>1452173
>>1452174

Its more out of curiousity than anything.

Just bored at work with nothing better to do than ask about crazy ideas I get, and its not like people havent shitposted worse ideas.
>>
>>1452174
Would it really be "false advertisement" though if the description clearly says it is only the card being sold, and that it has no value?
>>
>>1453307
No, it wouldn't, and it would be feasible to try and do that with a reloadable card, so long as you describe exactly what you are selling ($80 for a $100 limit reloadable card sounds like a good deal to a retard who isn't thinking). I doubt many people would be dumb enough for fall for it but then again, there are people who tried to charge their iPhones in a microwave.

If you have a way of getting empty reloadable cards I'd give it a shot, why the hell not?
>>
Similar to the simpletons who buy XBOX ONE FOR £100 (you only get the box) (defective for parts) etc there's certainly a market for it.
>>
>>1453325
I was just going to mention this. XBOX ONE $100 get this amazing box now!

Then in the description somewhere between the specs and delivery details they list exactly what you get. The xbox one box.
>>
>>1453320
Exactly, even if its only .1% or less of views that convert to sales, its basically free money.

I could just buy gift cards for stuff I normally buy, use them up, and then sell them.
>>
>>1453307
It's a legal grey area.

There have been cases where someone did this but with (box only) or (picture of) in descriptions and had to return the money.

Now, will it work more than not? Yeah probably.
>>
Ask yourself this "If I wanted to buy a gift card on Craigslist what would I do to protect myself?"
>>
>>1453551
People that think are not the target of this
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.