[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: American Reunion02.jpg (1MB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
American Reunion02.jpg
1MB, 3500x2333px
I'm a 21yo student currently working for a marketing company. What major should I pick and why?
>>
>>1450640
If you want to stay in marketing it looks like you have experience/potential networking to get a job in that company or one where your boss can put in a good word.

I wouldn't normally recommend marketing because SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE DO IT, but, I think marketing might be your best bet if you are interested in it.

Are you looking for business majors, STEM majors, soft science majors?

Tell us about what you want in a career first so we can help. Do you want to be working 80 hours a week but potential to be earning millions by your 35 or do you want a 9-5 with good steady pay with job security? Do you like computers/technology, do yu like dealing with clients/are you a people person etc etc.

Give us a rundown of your aims
>>
>>1450647
Definitely something in the business sector.

I'm starting to wonder whether it's a good idea to work full time for one year first. €15/h is not bad for a 21yo, right?
>>
>>1450640
The end goal is starting up my own company, but until that time comes I want to make as much experience as I can.
>>
>>1450659
what kind of company?

and 15/h isn't bad, you can save a lot making that.
>>
>>1450660
It's a face-to-face marketing company, filled with 20-25 year olds . We go out in groups of 2-3 people and try to convince people to become a donor for a good cause. It's a risk, because you obviously have targets, but I can always go to the competition in the worst case scenario.

It's 100% ethical btw, in case you were wondering
>>
>>1450665
ugh, I've worked for a company like that before. Worst job I ever had, hands down.
>>
>>1450665

That's not really marketing, it's direct sales.

Absolutely shit-tier job,, I had one 4-5 years ago, but 6 months will help you get a decent one in future.
>>
>>1450655
>Definitely something in the business sector.

What...everything is in the business sector.
Engineering is in the business sector, psychology is in the business sector.

You have to tell us what you're aims are. Do you want to do quantitative work, do you like math, do you like marketing, do you like sales etc.
>>
combine it with engineering.

im in technical marketing and i fucking love it

>get to still work with technical shit (computers and mechanical shit my company makes)
>travel 10-15x a year (i opt out of countries like turkey or saudi arabia but i got a 2 week trip to rome earlier this summer)
>pay is good
>life is good
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.