[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

<DIVERSIFICATION IS FOR IDIOTS>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Pp1HEKSPM

rebuttal index shills?
>>
File: mark_cuban_wisdom_1.jpg (117KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
mark_cuban_wisdom_1.jpg
117KB, 780x439px
stupid sheep.
>>
>>1450272
Mark Cuban is my spirit animal
>>
>>1450272
well this one guy said something... so i guess he's right
>>
>>1450272
Retard detected, time to go all in on that meme stock right?
>>
>>1450272
He's right in a sense. Billionaires eventually become somewhat diversified but never fully.

For example, Buffet is mostly in consumer goods and financial services (insurance, banking). That's like 70% of his portfolio.
>>
The point that he's trying to get across is, that there's no reason to lose money or stress yourself out when you don't have to. That you don't need to have a portfolio in a traditional sense. Just sit on your cash and make well educated, huge bets during times of high volatility. Like yesterday's rate hike verdict. What he's saying is very sound, he just said it in a really blunt way.
>>
>>1450350
>Just do literal gambling.
It's good advice for people who make decent money + retirement + spare cash + more spare cash. Pretty much anyone making 150k or more outside of major cities. It's a strategy where you can lose 50k and sacrifice nothing of your lifestyle.

It's not for 95% of the population which would actually suffer from being wrong on a bet.
>>
>>1450372
>Thinking you can take the crown without risking your head.

Who dares, wins. Mark Cuban, George Soros, Buffett. They're all gamblers. They're just the ones who were on the right side.
>>
>>1450272
I'm not into investing yet so someone please explain. There is always this debate on here on whether index funds are worth holding or not. The common argument is that if you invest in index funds, you can only make consistent slow gains, but can not take advantage of volatility. My question is, why does it have to be one or the other? Index funds seem to be objectively the best thing to invest in for guaranteed safe returns over a long period of time. I don't see the reason why you wouldn't invest most of your money in an index fund and then when volatility arises, just divert some of your other funds into trying to play?

Why does it have to be one or the other with you people?
>>
>>1450410

Biz doesn't do nuance

You should have seen the time when I said investors could hold ETFs and direct shares simultaneously.
>>
He's right, diversification hasn't worked out too well for Germany.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.