[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student loan / refinancing general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 1465355571104.jpg (24KB, 522x429px) Image search: [Google]
1465355571104.jpg
24KB, 522x429px
What is your experience with student loans and refinancing student loans?

Any government programs or helpful advice in refinancing to a more affordable student loan rate?

Im a fucking white male and go to school in the southern USA with about 80k student loan debt but I have a credit score of 705, I know Obama has a started a help.
Also would it be better to wait till the student bubble pops???
>>
File: 20160815_151014.jpg (838KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_151014.jpg
838KB, 5312x2988px
Has started programs to help***
>>
So here's the deal...

The student loan rate is generally 7%. Which is fucking terrible. You can refinance at something like 3%. The problem is that the company you refinance with is private. And they can and will fuck your shit up the moment you miss a payment. Where as with the government they give you a lot of breaks, like IBR for example. Also the govt will let you drop all communication for a year before they even start the debt phone calls.

Really, neither is a good scenario, but I'd rather deal with the government than a private debt collector.
>>
You can refinance through most banks, and get a sigifcantly lower interest rate. This can save you a significant amount of money in the long run, but you'll be expected to make your minimum payments under threat of significant credit repercussions if you were to mess up.

If you use Obama's income based repayment plan, you can significantly lower your overall monthly payments for the time being, but the interest rate will remain the same or might even go up depending on whether or not the loan was fixed. Ultimately you'll have more left over monthly disposable income, but can end up paying more money in the long run.

Best plan: Use income based repayment for the time being until you can secure a stable salary and comfortably afford what would normally be your standard payments. Refinance once you reach this point, and take advantage of lower interest.
>>
File: 1465589636779.png (177KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
1465589636779.png
177KB, 316x321px
Bump for the kids and knawledge
>>
>>1449969

Make a 1-month payment every 89 days and you will never hear a complaint
>>
File: woof.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
woof.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>taking out student loans
i hope you at least got a marketable education.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.