[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here is my business idea I'll buy a decent 35mm film scanner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: based canon.jpg (21KB, 469x329px) Image search: [Google]
based canon.jpg
21KB, 469x329px
Here is my business idea

I'll buy a decent 35mm film scanner for about $300 AU
I will then charge people a reasonable amount to digitize their family photo collection
I have about 200ish at home, so I am guessing alot of other people will have a similar collection.
For price I will probably work out how many I can do in an hour and charge $15-20/hr.
I will shill my home business online, facebook gumtree etc.

What do you guys think?
>>
whats the point of this service if the average guy can just buy a scanner and scan it himself

this service might be good for old people, who cannot into technology
>>
>>1448410
Laziness. You can always profit on people's laziness.
>>
>>1448416
Hey anon. We don't use that language when talking about our guests.

It's referred to as "guests looking to buy convenience"
>>
>>1448430
I'm so sorry, and also I'm so sorry about the remark I made about the, uhh, "vertically challenged" gentleman earlier and his, ummmm, "generously proportioned, portability challenged" wife who was using the electronic mobility assistance apprentice.

Besides a Hippopotamus is a very noble animal, and it holds much reverence in certain African tribes. And pygmies are considered magical.

...maybe offering him the booster chair was a bit much though
>>
>>1448400
But getting back on topic, are you offering any other services. You know you can go to Vistaprint or officeworks and get shit printed up all nice.

Give them like add ons and extras to make your business look more attractive.

Maybe a "blemish removal" service if you can be bothered with Photoshop?
>>
>>1448439
I might be able to also do some sort of VHS to DVD thing if people are looking for that.

From what I have seen online not many people are doing 35mm scans, thats why I think I might be a good idea.

I know a little photoshop, so I could do that.
>>
if you want to make this profitable, think about things that potential 'competitors' arent doing and what additional services you can add yourself to almost be the benchmark in this business.

Maybe even edit peoples photos for an additional fee ?
>>
>>1448400
Won't work at your prices. Walmart does this with already developed rolls for $0.97 each. If you want it done in 1 hour the price jumps to $1.97.

Your target audience isn't going to pay $15 an hour for that, and they're going to shop walmart anyway.
>>
File: 1421783259695.jpg (98KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1421783259695.jpg
98KB, 604x604px
Target old people because they have a lot of old photos,also start transfering tapes from vhs/minidv to computers.You just need a camocorder/wirefire card on pc and you can start right away.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.