[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making connections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (73KB, 537x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 537x402px
How do you make connections with buyers/sellers when starting a business /biz/?
>>
File: Delta_head.jpg (18KB, 325x393px) Image search: [Google]
Delta_head.jpg
18KB, 325x393px
>>1448112

Hand out business cards.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
By having a wide social group.
I was reading some admittedly pseudo-science book that explained that most business relationships come from casual acquaintances.

Facebook also found that most people who became romantically linked had casual acquaintances in common in the lead up.

I remember reading this thing called the Tennis Instructor Theory. It basically said that as tennis instructor you need to look beyond your group of friends of people already involved in tennis, whom already have instructors to people not involved in Tennis, the amateurs, the people with an interest in it but not involved in it yet.

So as a Tennis Instructor you'd be better off associating with people in say... Football, or even finance, magazine writing... anything other than Tennis.

Wide social group.
Many acquaintances.
>>
>>1448118
To whom?
To random people on the street?
How do I find people that do the related things as me?
>>
>>1448127
So could I discover my wide social group by for example asking my friends if they know anyone who does X and Y?
>>
>>1448112
be ass kissing people pleaser , even at the expense of your beliefs and morals. you will do just fine.
>>
>>1448137
No. I'm talking about socially.
You need to be very extroverted, be nice to everyone.
Go out socially with large groups at least 3 times a week.
Whenever you meet someone, clearly establish what your business is.
But also don't go into a "sell job" with everyone you meet, people hate that for good reason.

As long as everyone knows what your business is in, quickly enough word will get around, especially if it's a rare skill.
>>
>>1448112
for vendors I go online and google whatever I'm buying.

for clients I search FedBizOpps. Other clients seek me out, I don't go looking for them usually.

If I need employees I put an ad in the paper.

I also have a very small listing in the yellow pages, but that's mostly as a courtesy to the people I already work for. In case they forget my number or something.
>>
>>1448149
By social outings, do you mean parties?
If not, then how do I get invited to these events?
>>
>>1448160
Dinners. Parties. Wherever there's people. All my clients, although my business is shit, are friends of friends or people I struck up random conversations with at a bar who happened to be needing my services.

I just don't think you're going to get much clients if you're going to networking events because you're surrounded by your competitors.

Now searching for SELLERS, is different, then certainly get into contact with any you can find online, ask if they can spare half an hour to give you a presentation. I mean if you're a potential client I'm sure they'll be happy to spare the time.
That's where you should probably go to expos, see what's around, which businesses best suite what you're doing.

A great way to find out where potential suppliers or networking events are is to find a publication that specializes in your industry.

Networking however, it's pretty much just socializing.
I mean... nepotism still exists, take advantage of it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.