[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is your employer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

who is your employer?
>>
I'm an LO at a bank. I'll get fired if I mention which one.
>>
>>1448100
Everyone has an employer, whether it's your boss or the public.
>>
File: 2ylKo4n.jpg (44KB, 960x662px) Image search: [Google]
2ylKo4n.jpg
44KB, 960x662px
>>1448100
i'm unemployed, can someone pay me to browse imageboards all day? not clinton that bitch dont pay jack shit
>>
>>1448100

Nice try, IRS
>>
>>1448100
nice try nsa
>>
>>1448134
The public is my employer?
Wait, is this one of those "The public pays for everyone, bra" statements?
Because longhairs aren't popular around here.
>>
>>1448152
The public, the customer, the client. Anyone you're trying to get money from is your employer..
>>
>>1448166
In a perfect world you offer a valuable product at a great price and you aren't trying to get money from people.
they're lining up to give it to you.

but if that hasn't occurred to you perhaps we can forgive your backwards thinking as inexperience.
>>
>>1448166
>Anyone you're trying to get money from is your employer
So if you live off interest, your employer is a bank account?
This gets more and more confusing.
>>
>>1448100
PwC

Ask me anything
>>
>>1448169
>In a perfect world you offer a valuable product at a great price

In other words, you're working for your customer. They employ you.
>>
>>1448170
The bank is your employer
>>
>>1448176
sort of, except they don't get to tell me what to do, or when to do it, and I choose whether or not they get to employ me, and I change employers more often than I change underwear. Also I have a few thousand of them, none with any real power by themselves.

I can tell them to fuck off and a whole new batch will be lined up in less than an hour.

Also I get to tell them how much they'll be paying me.

so sort of like an employer, but almost completely not.
>>
I hate the Wolf of Wallstreet
>>
>>1448177
>The bank is your employer
No, I don't believe they are.
They don't pay me a salary or wages, one of which would be required to meet this definition.
>>
>>1448183
they can all go employ someone who kisses their ass better and sells to them cheaper.
>>
>>1448183
>sort of, except they don't get to tell me what to do, or when to do it, and I choose whether or not they get to employ me, and I change employers more often than I change underwear. Also I have a few thousand of them, none with any real power by themselves.

Just like with traditional employment

>I can tell them to fuck off and a whole new batch will be lined up in less than an hour.

>Also I get to tell them how much they'll be paying me.

>so sort of like an employer, but almost completely not.

Basically employers no matter how many false distinctions you use.
>>
>>1448191
yes, also in a perfect world.

in reality their options are limited by geography. It costs money to move things. If they're nearest to me I'm the best option at the best price. They have to pay a premium to deal with my supposed competitors, no matter how they kiss ass or don't.
>>
>>1448190
They aren't?

Where do you bank? I'd like to go claim my free interest without providing anything.
>>
>>1448194
These are actually some of the distinctions used by the IRS to determine whether or not they employ me.

They're not false distinctions, they're the law of the land. I am not an employee of my clients because I work for many of them and I decide how and when I work, and for how much.

employers tell you how and when you will work, and how much they're willing to pay. The opposite of what I do.
>>
File: FM.jpg (33KB, 520x335px) Image search: [Google]
FM.jpg
33KB, 520x335px
>>1448190
>They aren't?
That's right, they aren't.
Interest is not salary or wages.
That's, um, why there's a different line for it on a 1040.
>>
>>1448200
Customers tell you how and when you will work, and how much they're willing to pay.

It's a very, very simple concept.
>>
>>1448202
You're paid for your product and service, which happens to be a loan.
>>
>>1448209
no they don't.

ever.

have you hired a contractor in your life? You're in for a nasty surprise if you think we follow your schedule or do things the way you would.

You aren't by law allowed to tell us how or when we'll work, or how much we'll charge.
>>
>>1448211
>You're paid
All things "paid" are not equivalent to wages or salary, which, as mentioned are requirements for your definition.
If you can't at least acknowledge that, I'll save you the trouble of going any further.
>>
File: 9f0Dx.jpg (64KB, 488x322px) Image search: [Google]
9f0Dx.jpg
64KB, 488x322px
>>1448213
have fun running profitable business with longevity ;)
>>
>>1448213
I see you're having trouble grasping the very, very simple concept.

Customers are the ones with money. As a contractor, you have absolutely no power in having that money aside from making an offer. The customer is the one that makes the decision. You don't agree to the customers demands? You don't get the money. The customer is your employer.

Sign a contract? You're legally obligated to fulfil the contract of your, you guessed it, employer, which happens to be a customer.

As I've said before, everyone has an employer, whether it's a boss or the public.
>>
>>1448214
They're not. Wages and salaries are independent of the fact that everyone has an employer.
>>
>>1448216
let's pretend you're right for a second.

by law they then have to pay half of my taxes, as any employer must.

they don't. So they fail to meet the legal definition of an employer.

>>1448215
thanks, I've had 15 years of straight profits now, which is almost as long as you've been alive.
>>
File: Ru685.png (100KB, 693x679px) Image search: [Google]
Ru685.png
100KB, 693x679px
>>1448222
allowance isn't a business ;)
>>
>>1448225
ok, that's funny.
9/10, will read again.
>>
>>1448173
How often do you guys collaborate with other accounting firms (medium sized and big 4). I worked at a regional and they appeared to work with 2 of the big4 quite alot.
>>
>>1448220
>the fact
found it
>>
>>1448100
mummy is my employer
>>
>>1448228
At least in Italy, I never experienced such a collaboration.
>>
>>1448270
what are your chores?
>>
File: 1384782880350.jpg (98KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1384782880350.jpg
98KB, 500x346px
>>1448134

hold up, what if I gather all the resources required for me to live from nature, and I'm just shitposting via a cellphone using wifi outside a starbucks or someshit

like, zero living expenses, no money rolling through

homeless or some shiz
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.