[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I ace an interview? How do I act? What do I respond to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1427375584141.jpg (5KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1427375584141.jpg
5KB, 250x231px
How do I ace an interview? How do I act? What do I respond to the usual questions? I usually have less work experience than the other candidates so I have to stand out somehow.
>>
>>1444511

What kind of interview is it?
If it's a technical interview, answer all their questions as correctly as you can. If you don't know the answer, admit it and think of a good reason if they ask why not.
If it's just a straight interview, get a feel for the room and personalities of your interviewers. Be personable. If they ask you about your work experience, try to hit the points that would be relevant to the position you're interviewing for. Don't go off on tangents with your responses, keep it simple. Be confident. It's not an interrogation, they're trying to evaluate your personality and how you would fit in.
If you're worried about generic "interview questions" go look up a list and have responses ready. Depending on the interviewer or employer they may not even ask you any of those.
>>
>>1444547
thanks

not technical, jobs like sales, hr, tourism, retail, manager stuff

I'm kinda bad with the confident thing even tought I try to relax and smile
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yI_WClCDiE

Enjoy your new job!
>>
>>1444651
If you can't smile, relaxed, don't it will look forced and uncomfortable.

Get a haircut, shower, dress well ( dress above the job you want. Hourly wage slave blue collar, wear slacks and a nice solid color polo. White collared office job, wear a fitted suit and tie. )

Do your research on the company. For my interview I went in knowing what the company did, their operations divisions, their history, their market cap, their relationship to the client account I would be working on.

Read the audience. When I walked into the room with in 5 min I knew the people interviewing me were strait shooters who did not bull shit and wanted the truth even if it hurt. So when they asked why I left my job of 7 years I told them I was fired, and why.

I got the job because of my professional attitude, ability to speak and remain calm under pressure and honesty.
>>
>>1444651
>I'm kinda bad with the confident thing
>Going into sales
Uh huh...
>>
>>1444685
it can't be that hard to learn
and I'm talking more laid back shit
>>
Semi related... How long does it normally take to here back that you got the job? I had my phone interview, and two face to face interviews all over the span of 3 weeks, but I have yet to hear anything since my second interview last Tuesday.

Is this normal? Or its it likely I wasn't selected?
>>
>>1445001
Most likely you are the backup if the first choice fall through.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.