[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling behind my peers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471048907853[1].jpg (72KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471048907853[1].jpg
72KB, 500x333px
Sorry for the crossposting; Nothing is open on campus yet, and I'm still feeling doubtful over this.

I'm a 20y/o college student, currently a sophomore.

All of my friends are seniors. I was forced to sit out for two years due to familial troubles (which became financial trouble once people started meddling with my identity/credit) and am now back in school, but there's an issue:

I fucking hate it. I'm a mathematics major (I was originally engineering, but I had to transfer because I lost my full ride to the other university I was attending before SHTF) and thought that finally getting back in school would take this huge weight off of my mind, but it hasn't. All I can think of is how all of this should have been done two years ago, and I can't even bring myself to care about anything because I just want it to be over with so I can catch up in life.

I'm thinking of abandoning STEM to find a degree I can bumrush the credits for in one year so I'm only a semester behind: after all, I went from essentially free based on my high school merit to totally 100% full price due to a spotty undergraduate enrollment. Even at the uni I've transferred to, I'd be eligible for a full ride as a freshman.
>>
>>1442953
The past is the past- you'll make yourself crazy thinking of "should haves". You can't change it. Just move forward and do the best you can. Think of it this way- when you're 40 or 50, will those 2 years even matter?
>>
>>1442964
They still will be lost time, but I understand what you mean.

Which brings me to my next question, though perhaps /g/ is a better place. What's a good learning course to learn programming languages/game engines quickly? Not enough to solo a AAA title or anything, but enough to know how to do a thing if I'm told.
>>
>>1442953

Two years is absolutely nothing in real life. It just feels like a long time because it's comparatively 10% of your life. By the time you're 40, you finishing college two years later will be an absolute non issue, if you can even remember it.
>>
>>1443000
I suppose I can't argue with your trips. It's just very frustrating and demoralizing in the now, I suppose.

I can't even blame the two years themselves entirely, I suppose. I've been a fuckup as of late and keep dropping the ball on developing skills/taking opportunities. I just don't want to keep doing it.

I've gotten an offer lately that isn't the best thing, bt opens the door to getting back into doing things I've wanted to do for a while, and I'm just afraid I'll return to being a failure. I mean fuck, I'm a homeless uni student that has barely done algebra in two years, forget about Cal II AND trying to get these other things done.

Though I guess, to quote a /mu/sician, at the end of the day, you can't regret it if you were trying. Maybe I should just try.
>>
Bump before library
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.