[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lockheed / Leidos Shenanigans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: LMT.jpg (56KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LMT.jpg
56KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else have some stake in Lockheed Martin (LMT) and having a hard time deciding whether or not to tender your LMT shares to LDOS shares with that premium? The tender offer expires on Aug 16th, so I am nearly out of time to make my decision.

As of Friday's close LMT is at 264.15, LDOS is at 49.91. Also, prior to the conversion, LDOS holders get a $13.67 special dividend per share.
The news on the release says "Lockheed Martin Sets Final Exchange Ratio of 8.2136 for Exchange Offer". They're estimating a 7% premium on the shift provided LDOS doesn't drop between now and the 16th, and LMT doesn't rise too much.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going to happen to LMT shares after the conversion (up/down/neutral), and the same for LDOS. Because it seems to me like people are going to take their 7% premium, sell as soon as the markets open, and just move their money back to LMT taking their quick profit with them. Wouldn't that create a ton of selling pressure on LDOS causing a negative spike?

I'm relatively new to trading so I haven't encountered this type of thing before.
>>
i will bump this thread
>>
bumping as well. I'm interested to see how the markets going to react to this one.
>>
I see 4 options for me as it is.
1)Do nothing, let my LMT sit as they are since they're one of my long-term holds w/ dividends
2) Take the offer, convert to LDOS, liquidate immediately to secure my % and go back into LMT,
3) Standby, if LDOS has a crazy drop after all the selling pressure from the offer takes place, buy in, let it return to normal, cash out and take my % that way
4) The worrier's way: Sell my LMT now, and wait until any drastic changes shake out and then rebuy my LMT.
>>
What's the pro-rata? You might not get all of your shares off into the tender (kek)
>>
>>1442487
I believe they're moving 9.1m LMT into their LDOS. That's true, they may have an overabundance of people wanting in on it. For the purposes of this thread, lets assume there's enough shares to move your whole order
>>
File: 1449100218419.jpg (41KB, 788x685px) Image search: [Google]
1449100218419.jpg
41KB, 788x685px
share offerings happen when the stock is overpriced so they can get it cheaper. the sp500 is a 2,200

bail, don't be an idiot
>>
One bump before I let this die
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.