[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harvard Economist Warns “$700 Gold by Mid-2017″

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: glenn-beck-charlton-heston.jpg (75KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
glenn-beck-charlton-heston.jpg
75KB, 600x480px
Investors are fleeing to gold in a desperate attempt to weather the recent market volatility… but is this long time “safe-haven” actually poised to collapse wiping out trillions of dollars of wealth in the process? One highly respected Harvard economist is stating an emphatic “yes!”.

“While many economists will argue that gold is not in a bubble… and insist it will soar to $2,000, $5,000, etc, my research has said otherwise” says Harvard economist Harry Dent in his latest report. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in over 30 years of economic forecasting.” Market volatility, worries over the Europe Central Bank, negative interest rates, and China are among a laundry list of events that are driving panicked masses to buy the yellow metal. But this is only inflating the gold bubble that is poised to pop at any moment, he says.

Dent, who pioneered a whole new science of economic forecasting in the early 1980’s has been able to accurately predict almost every major economic event over the past 30 years. —including the collapse of Japan, The Great Tech Boom of the 1990’s, and the 2008 market crash. Now his latest prediction his proving controversial among financial circles across the country. Traditionally investors flock to gold as a way to hedge against inflation. But according to Dent’s research, we’re about to see the exact opposite happen.

Dent warns that we are about to experience an economic crisis far worse than 2008 — the full-blown collapse of the stock market and massive deflation. And that investors who attempt to hide their money in the “safe haven” of gold, could damage their wealth to an even greater degree. his scenario was practically preordained — as far back as the mid-1990s when the bubble in stocks began and real estate followed and Baby Boomers were heading for their peak spending years into 2007.

http://economyandmarkets.com/exclusives/harvard-economist-warns-700-gold-by-mid-2017/?z=473164
>>
TLDR
>>
>>1442041
What's his solution? Bitcoin? Shorting the market? Going long on yen or yuan?
>>
File: grid-cell-28965-1406902061-10.jpg (34KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-28965-1406902061-10.jpg
34KB, 309x309px
>>1442068
tldr - boomers are dying out and when they croak the price of gold will drop
>>
>>1442041
Oh boy, ANOTHER person shouting "ECONOMIC COLLAPSE"
>>
Gold is a fucking SHIT investment and I cant wait for goldbugs to go under.
>>
>>1442119
Anyone that buys gold as an investment is a retard. Literally the sole reason to buy gold and silver is as security in the event of a full-on collapse.
>>
Would be another excuse for Canada after ridding itself of its gold reserves.
Maybe we can finally get into global currency.
>>
I've watched him debate peter schiff before, I'm no expert, but if everything is collapsing at the same time, Gold could still be a good choice if it falls less relative to other assets. He probably doesn't think that's gonna be the case, so where does he think all the major institutions are gonna put their money into if his predictions comes true?
>>
>>1442041
>economist
Stopped reading there. I don't consult crystal ball readers either.
>>
>>1442179
>global currency.

wurst-tier idea
it'd be like the eurozone, but this time the entire third world piggy backing on the developed world's economy

in a decade it would destroy the entire planet's economy
>>
>>
>>1442071
It wants you to watch his full presentation to find out.

Dropped.
>>
>>1442456
No one's seen it?
>>
>>1442041
Well this is unsettling. I'm not normally a doom and gloom guy. Is this man as credible as the article suggests?
>>
>>1442041
http://www.barrons.com/articles/SB50001424052702303392404576566841665679146
He's a marketer trying to get notice for his books for gullible idiots to buy. Dropped
>>
Guy knows how to sell books. But whether his stock-market strategies make sense—or money for investors—is another question.
Also his explanation of the stock market is a simple one that resonates with investors but is too simple to explain something as complex as the stock market and the economy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.