[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing for the lazy: shadowing Ray's positions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ray.jpg (97KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
97KB, 1200x800px
Is it doable? Can I actually get them at the moment's notice they happen?
Why can't I just shadow one of Ray Dalio's funds positions on my tablet/laptop while at work?
It's like getting fruit of exceptional talent, hard work, labor, infrastructure and time of this company for price of few minutes daily of me dicking around on my tablet.

Would that be sensible to put 25-33% of my wealth into position-shadowing like that?

(I'm no investor or trader but an engineer, I seek long term gains or just enough to beat the inflation in worst case)
>>
index funds are investing for the smart & lazy
>>
>>1441832
Ok.
But can I just get his positions?
What would be the catch? (I don't care about daily trading but medium term positions or long term like a year or more)

I am not a smart man, I am not a man with abundance of time, I have an actual job to do. Like one with a monthly salary.
This would be only a semi-risky part of my portfolio, the rest would go into traditional funds of reputable (ones that made money last decade) companies.
>>
ask yourself why doesn't everyone else do this?
>>
>>1441839
I don't know.
Why?

(as I said, I am no trader)
>>
>>1441827
take a day off and create an investing portfolio and spread your funds across the portfolio. Just let it sit and fuck off for 10 years, when you comeback you should have nice returns

Alternatively just throw all your money into bitcoin
>>
>>1441835
If you trust this one man you can

But idk why you'd put trust into someone else instead of yourself
>>
>>1441850
>But idk why you'd put trust into someone else instead of yourself
Because I actually know that I have no clue about market. Or have much interest in it
A company of 1200 experienced professional trader might have advantage over me.
My interests are mostly in my own equity and starting a business. This is just something to help to grow my future savings.

Give me a direct answer.

>>1441848
>take a day off and create an investing portfolio and spread your funds across the portfolio. Just let it sit and fuck off for 10 years, when you comeback you should have nice returns
As I said I know almost nothing about markets. And I have no ambitions or desires to swim in those waters on my own.
I am not a trader. I will never be a pro-trader.

I am just interested in this one question:
"Can I just shadow Ray Dalio's funds positions and get similar results?"
>>
>>1441863
>Can I just shadow Ray Dalio's funds positions and get similar results?"
No
>>
>>1441869
Ok.
Now tell me why I can't?
Are his positions secret?
>>
>>1441870
Comissions and portfolio size will be very different
>>
>>1441870
He is running a hedge fund and you would be investing with a lag of up to 4.5 months
>>
>>1442018
How much would that damage my portfolio?
I don't think he is into daily trading.
> portfolio size
Go on, your point?

>>1442023
So his positions are not disclosed immediately? Like I can not look at the stock market what did the whatever-fund form Bridgewater bought?
>>
Top investors are doing insider trading, which is why they get such crazy returns. Even if you're a genius, you can't consistently do much better than 12% returns without options or insider trading.
>>
>>1442038
I don't care.
I don't want to trade. I want to copy his (or somebody's else) positions to make a decent profit in couple of years or at least beat the inflation.
>>
>>1442042
Nigger, just stick your money in a fund that matches the S&P 500. There you go, you'll be beating inflation and getting moderate returns. You don't have to follow odd figures to get 2-8% returns a year, especially if you're going long term

Quit being a retard and idolizing market movers if you don't understand how the market moves
>>
>>1442046
I know that. That's where the rest 66% of future savings would go.
I am just asking about this strategy.

>Quit being a retard and idolizing market movers if you don't understand how the market moves
I am not idolizing anyone. I could give less of a fuck about Ray or Warren or xyz. I am only interested if someone made profit in the last 10-20 years. They can be fucking aliens, don't give a fuck.
If that kind of strategy is available then why would I put 30% in shittier fund X and 40% shittier fund XY and rest in bonds?

I am not a trader, I am not a usual /biz/ poster, I don't care about trading or bitcoins or whatever bullshit. I just picked this guy because I knew i would get more answers because he is famous.
>>
>>1442042
See Berkshire Hathaway. I bet you're a petroleum engineer.
>>
>>1442059
> I bet you're a petroleum engineer.
False. Electrical.
>See Berkshire Hathaway
Warren is almost dead now. Probably his "magic" will die with him, I am not so sure about following his portfolios when he is that old.

>>1442046
Forgot the image of S&P 500
Kinda shit time to invest in it as it seems kinda high, maybe wait a year (although if I am aiming for 10 years so I could buy sooner). At least from my uneducated perspective.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.