[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stock market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

The stock market is doing well. Too well. And I am a nervous wreck.

Aren't we on that first part of the roller coaster where the track goes "CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK"? It's always at its peak right before the drop.

The stock market seems to be succeeding in spite of common sentiment and feeling and fiscal performance of the economy at large. Are the markets no longer a reflection of... the markets? What do stocks represent, then?
>>
It could keep clicking for another three years.
>>
If you're so confident that the market is overvalued, short the market and wait for the correction.
>>
How do you measure the strength of the economy? I suggest using Fed Reserve Data and looking through some data series - learn how interpret what you see.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/

Stocks ultimately represent expectations for earnings and future company profitability (to investors).

They represent whatever to whomever is buying. An interesting saying is "In the short term stock market is a voting booth in the long term the stock market is a weighing mechanism"
>>
Stocks are grandpa tier boring. If you want excitement. Dabble in PnD and cryptos since theyre all PnD anyway
>>
>>1438751
There's only 2 distribution days so far you can start worrying at 4
>>
>>1438825
What do you use to measure your distribution days?
>>
>>1438751
The stock market is not a roller coaster, is not subject to gravity or other laws of physics,and has no emotions.

Stop projecting your own fears and doubts into an agnostic economic system. The markets are fine. You, however, are a fucking mess.
>>
>>1438834
Nasdaq or S&P 500 down over 0.2% on higher volume than the previous day
>>
>>1438751
You're an idiot please fuck off
>>
>>1438864
maybe instead of 0.2% use an some calculation based on volatility to determine the accum/distri threshold. A threshold that widens in volatile markets? just a thought
>>
>>1438751
>What do stocks represent, then?
They represent people who are getting jack shit on their bank deposits and want a decent ROI.
>>
>>1438859
>The stock market is not a rollercoaster
Ha.
>Not subject to gravity or the laws of physics
Ha.
>Doesnt involve emotions
Ha.
>>
>>1438816
PnD? postnatal depression?
>>
>>1438751
My rule of thumb is that were all safe until the American election. Big events usually need a catalyst, and the markets hate uncertainty. If Trump wins, they'll react. If Hillary wins, invest in green energy stocks.
>>
>>1438881
Thanks for correcting the record, Mr. Soros!
>>
>>1441555
Sounds about right.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.