[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

taking a Major Step Backward for Happiness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Biz help me break free of these regrets:

>be me, oldfag
>7 years ago leave homestate with friends and family to live in another state 10 hours away
>grew and established myself at my job, but increasingly becoming cynical and hating my work immensely
>average 12 hour days, no social life, no family
>in the meantime however, with no hope in moving back, i bought a house 2 years ago- absolutely love everything about it, but live alone
>job becomes even worse. All the same jobs in the state will be the same work load that gets progressively worse
>get new job offer back in my home state with much less responsibility, and a little less pay, but will have social life and actually be happy
>over time salary will be better
>put house i love on the market that i couldnt get to enjoy and quit my job
>accepted new job
>now having regrets about moving and having to start all over again...but new job will make me happy and bring me closer to friends and family

Anyone here sacrifice to simply be happy again? I think newfags need input as they alot will need to make the same choice.

Please give me hope that i made the right decision to start over for happiness.
>>
You went from miserable to not miserable and you're questioning the choice you made?
>>
>>1438664
I'll be there soon. Workin hard, earning decent money with the view to wind back my work schedule and start enjoying more time with family... I might even make some friends
>>
>>1438670
Less pay and starting over in your profession, after 7 years of establishing yourself.
>>
>>1438664
Once you have enough, you don't need more. If you're happy and you have enough, for now and for the future, you're pretty fine.
>>
File: 1469196985552.jpg (232KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1469196985552.jpg
232KB, 1200x1600px
>>1438664

Location is probably the very first thing on the list, when it comes to what makes a human being happy.

I think you made the right choice.

That being said, now that you have been away you kind of have to begin again in your home territory. Treat it like new territory. Go out and experience new things.

PIMPS UP, HOS DOWNWARD
>>
>>1438664
Fuck off you pathetic faggot

>oldfag

You sound like a fucking teenager

>muh house
>muh friends
Literally who fucking cares
>>
>>1438664
A wise man once told me that there's nothing more important than having the courage to start all over. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>1438924
You tell em boss man
>>
>>1438924
Hows the job search going?
>>
>>1438948
Shitposting from my private office rn
>>
>>1438948
he searches for jobs every night and sometimes gets a couple. spreading your butthole for morbidly obese gay men is decent money.
>>
>>1438956
>literally who fucking cares

Thanks for caring enough for shit posting.

>from private office...rn
Job sounds stressful, like mine. Turthfully how bad are the black nurses?
>>
>>1438924

LOOKOUTGUYSTOUGHGUYONTHEHORIZON
>>
>>1438959
>>1438966
>>1438989

Golly gee you guys are so witty

>>1438935
>muh meaningless feel-good platitudes
>>
>>1438664

Starting new might be scary but fuck it. It isn't that hard. I was miserable at one job and got my happy ass fired. Had to sell my house and my fiancé at the time left me. Found out I had no friends because all the guys who said they would be there if I needed them disappeared fucking quick. Anyway, found out being homeless sucks so pulled myself together, got a new job and worked my way back up. And now have more than what I lost and am actually happy now. You might not have as much as you had before but don't worry, you will grow your money again, you will get raises. Just be glad you are happy where you are at.
>>
>>1439009
>Homeless idiot gives advice

Never change /biz/
>>
>>1438664
Do what makes you happy. Money is only good if it makes you happier and provides a good standard of living for your family. Money will never fill a hole that can only be filled by family and real human relationships.
>>
>>1439007
>Golly gee you guys are so witty
Right back at you, fellow shitposter.

>>1438664
Opie, I think you'd benefit from reading phenomenology, just so you'd have some philosophy to ground yourself in. At your age, these kinds of things shouldn't be giving you trouble.

On that note, you really shouldn't be looking for an ideology here where there's no rigor or discipline to most of the diatribes being spewed about. There's plenty of material on paper and film to help you think about these things so long as you approach thoughtfully.
>>
>>1438664
I have opposite story

>getting ready to leave friends and family for new state with better prospects (currently narrowed down to KY, TN, or TX)
>fiance decides not to break up over it
>not sure if should regret or not
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.