[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit you can buy off Alibaba and resell in the US at higher prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (36KB, 1185x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 1185x675px
GO!
>>
>>1437111
Their miniature drones just slap some made up name of yours on it
>>
>>1437111
Good luck communicating with those chinks. I messaged a few vendors about some android phones and asked simple questions and they couldn't answer basic info like the model number...

It looks like a good place to get ripped off to be honest.
>>
File: 1437616526625.jpg (126KB, 666x728px) Image search: [Google]
1437616526625.jpg
126KB, 666x728px
>>1437111
Knee pads...obviously
>>
>>1437111
fire starters
rectangle knives

thank me later
>>
>>1437111
Carbon Fibre
>>
Actually quite a bit of shit. It's not the product that's the hard part, it's the checking their quality before you place a larger order, and connecting the potential market with your website that are the hard parts.

Most on alibaba want to charge 30$ for a sample of a 1$ product. Getting 10 samples, at what would be 10$ worth of product, costs you $300. Your best bet is to filter the product out, and see if you can't find it on ebay first - most resellers just slap the same exact pictures of the product they bought from alibaba on their reselling site - so avoid sampling direct from manufacturer, and look for people already trying to sell the product. If you're finding it sold for dirt cheap, assume that alibaba's "Est. retail price in U.S." isn't actually going for what it says it is.

I'm bored of talking about it now so that's all the help I'm going to offer.
>>
>>1437315
What's the point in reselling something if someone else already is? Admit it, you've never profited off of this, gtfo
>>
>>1437329

lol
>>
>>1437329
Good luck finding something in this world that nobody has ever sold before.

Anons like you have analysis paralysis while other anons make $ selling stuff other people already are.

I make four figures almost passively selling something on Ebay that is 30% more expensive than my competitors. There ARE other ways of making money than be part of the race-to-the-bottom that is price wars.
>>
>>1437334
I just popped into this thread and read your post

Thank you very much for teaching me the term "analysis paralysis". I realize now I've had this for almost a year now, too afraid to get my feet wet with any sort of online business venture. But now I think I'll start.
>>
>>1437334
That seems counter-intuitive that people would pick a more expensive option. Is yours just the first result when people search?
>>
>>1437334
>Thank you very much for teaching me the term
My pleasure anon. At least somebody learns something here once in a blue moon.

>>1437338
>Is yours just the first result when people search
Sometimes they are. There are ways of manipulating best match. There are also long-tail aspects. One can also make a better listing. And many Ebay customers can be clueless.

But at the end of the day I can only go from my experience. I have close to 500 listings. I raised my prices with 25% over the competition and only lost about 5% of revenue.
>>
>>1437346
It's surprising how a little bit of manipulating keyword searches and google analytics can be the determining factor on how your product is chosen.

For example, selling a shoe - someone might search "high top" but you can have a shoe that looks good that shows up in a "high top" search, and be the only one appearing in that market that looks like your product, and manage to get a sale at 40% higher than other sellers for the exact same shoe. Good to see someone else on this board that actually knows their shit.

I'm >>1437315
in case you didn't see the ID.
>>
bump for ideas.

My attempt to add some value to this thread:

laptop shoulder bags

They sell for a decent price on amazon so you should be able to make reasonable profit per item. They also appear to have relatively low competition on amazon.

I haven't started selling them so I can't speak from experiences, but they are currently shipping on the way to my house, i ordered 100.

Maybe I shouldn't give out my 'idea', but I hate people who aren't willing to share so oh well.
>>
>>1437370
Well if you want ideas, here's one:
Beard oil. Get your label slapped on it, and set up on Amazon. Don't aim to be the cheapest, aim for a precise market inside it - the niche of the niche. But, it's selling like hotcakes, they're literally all the same fucking product, and there's room for a good profit margin - you get to go crazy making a design targeted specifically for that audience, and then slap a fucking label on it.

I wouldn't go long-term profit on that but to build a starting revenue stream and get some experience it's a pretty easy start.
>>
>>1437368
>manipulating
That's right. Also, just by having better photos than the others, one can gain.

>>1437370
>laptop shoulder bags
That is a decent idea. Anybody knows of anybody else than Cafepress that does custom messenger/laptop bags as print-on-demand? I would love to have laptop bags made from synthetic materials where I could cover the entire "lid" with an image.

>>1437378
>Beard oil.
Whatever brings the money in. I read some interview with a guy that moves into niches with the generic stuff, does testing of the niche, and then funnels those profits into making his own brand (with the same product inside). Then, due to his higher volume) he usually corners the market. Then he splits off that niche business while revenue is still increasing, sells it (stock, websites, client-lists and trademarks), and moves on to other products.
>>
What is good shit to re-sell overall, biz? I need ideas.
>>
>>1437368
>and be the only one appearing in that market that looks like your product.

So basically you're saying list your product under a different keyword than what it actually is?
>>
>>1437334

This guy gets it. Doing the same, looking to move to Amazon soon though.

>>1437337
>But now I think I'll start.

No you won't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.