[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im 3/4 of the way through my electrical apprenticeship. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: elec3.jpg (238KB, 1434x1309px) Image search: [Google]
elec3.jpg
238KB, 1434x1309px
So Im 3/4 of the way through my electrical apprenticeship. I think id like to start my own business when I finish. Does anyone here have experience starting their own construction/ trade business?

Im not too familiar with the business side of things. Any good books/ sites/ courses you guys can recommend.

Any advice is much appreciated
>>
>>1435715
Did pretty much what you're thinking of doing. Wife did most of the articles of incorporation and stuff like that (she had a decent amount of experience doing such things). Best advice I can give on the "business" side of things is to consistently use quickbooks. It's been great for handling the bid all the way to the invoice. So I'd say get some quick books training and research what legal entity you want to be (s-corp, llc, sole proprietorship). Feel free to ask any one questions.
>>
>>1435731
>Best advice I can give on the "business" side of things is to consistently use quickbooks.
Ill definetly look into that, thank you very much

> what legal entity you want to be (s-corp, llc, sole proprietorship)
Most man and a van type operations would be a sole proprietorship, right?

What type of work do you do?
Where do you make most of your money?
How do you find most of your work?
>>
>>1435731
Thanks heaps for the reply
>>
>>1435770
no it;s just one of the cheapest online brokers over here.

Has a whole bunch of ETF's & ETN's you can trade without any cost involved.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.