[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

major in psychology or naw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Psychological-Assessment.jpg (69KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Psychological-Assessment.jpg
69KB, 300x200px
major in psychology or naw?
>>
Do you like working in a field with mad bitches and a job waiting for you at the end? Then yeah, go ahead.
>>
Got a bs in psych here. A few tips.

Getting a masters or phd will give you much greater job opprotunities but will require you to specialize.

Bachelors can get you into a lot of jobs that prefer people with a degree. Its a pretty wide field so you can stretch it how you need it. You probably wont be making bucks right off the bat though.
>>
>>1435194
Do you actually want to go into Psychology, or is it just so you have a degree?
>>
>>1435194
why don't you just major in literary fiction. They both hold about the same weight as far as I'm concerned.
>>
BA in psych is one of the absolute worst degrees to get right now. It's one step up from gender studies. Bs might be worth it. Not sure.
>>
>>1435303
Honestly I want to be a filmmaker in some capacity, but my dad wants me to get a degree so I'm trying to get one that is somewhat useful to story telling but isn't complete dogshit like an English major.
>>
>>1435323
Filmmaker here. You would be better off getting some type of business degree or writing degree. Either of those would be more useful.
>>
BA/BS in Psych to Master of Social Work + LSW/LISW will always keep you employed and as long as you are working in Social Work you can get debt forgiveness eventually. Major in Psychology alone is useless though.
>>
>>1435373
How so? That's a lot of time sunk into something that doesn't progress or assist my creativity.

I see a lot of ways learning the theories of the working mind, mental illness and stress management can help me make creative calls and stories.
>>
>>1435194
I majored in it. No. Currently working as an accountant, getting an accounting degree, and about to take part two of my enrolled agent exams. Psych is a shitty degree unless you want to spend another several years getting a masters or doctorate.
>>
>>1435323

Tell your dad to go fuck himself.

I'm projecting right now because mine was an uneducated boomer fuck who bought into the uni scam. So I went into law school to please him and here I am 5 years later unemployed and $40k in debt.

Old people love giving advice even when they have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>1435562
Bah but they are parents im not some ungrateful bastard who is just gonna walk away because I saw something online saying its bad news, sorry man. Ill get a degree and probably regret it later but education cant be that bad.
>>
>>1435194
unless you're getting a job with the state or county or a hospital.
You'll either be a glorified nanny or service person.

Also most programs/institutions that aren't hospitals are funded by the state and county budget, becuase lets face it the people who need mental health services usually don't have the money to pay for treatment. Even with obama care in place it just means that people are paying for their treatment by the taxpayers.

and know that new programs tend to get shut down often due to budget cuts or some sort of negligence.

burnout is high, and many of the mid to high level positions don't stay filled for very long.

Master and PhD have state guidelines, so while an advanced degree in psychology can increase your opportunities, they tend to be limited by state exams, and licensing fees and procedures.

The work is long, stressful, and wears down on you because there's going to be many more failures then there are successes. Thats why you find people working in the field say how awesome the tiniest little things are.

If you want something where you can feel good about doing it, and making some sort of impact I suggest looking towards the more creative arts than psychology.
>>
>>1435574

>but they are parents im not some ungrateful bastard

If they are paying your tuition, then by all means go for it.
>>
>>1435194
nope

one of the worst

every lazy bitch that spends 200$$ a week on drinks does psychology
>>
>>1435194
Fuck no
>>
>>1435194
From a /biz standpoint?

HELL NO
>>
>>1436894
Kek

This is exactly correct. OP, do this if you want easy pussy that will go mentally ill in two seconds when you don't text them back.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.