[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IB subjects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (174KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 900x950px
Sub /biz/,

what IB subjects should I pick and why?
What should I avoid?
>>
>>1434499
what is IB
>>
Alternative to A-levels
Google it
>>
>>1434499
>group 1
English shit, language over literature
>group 2
Latin. It is very useful in lots if fields. Unless you want to go and live in France or China
>group 3
Economics. Others are pretty useless unless you like being poor.
>group 4
Depends what you want to do. Physics or chemistry are good, biology if you really want to. Don't even consider the other two.
>group 5
Not mathathical studies. I did look into the international baccalaureate when I was younger, can't remember what the difference between HL/SL mathematics was.
>group 6
Alla waste of time and more boring than they sound. Depending or what you want to do, take another science or humanity. A third language if you really, really want but only if you have previous knowledge of the group 2 language you are already taking.
>>
>>1434552
It's an alternative for stupider people. Don't waste time.
>>
>>1434499
Hey OP,

Do yourself a huge solid and take the hardest math class you can and if you are in an environment that offers Mandarin, embrace that. If a language is not practical, take biology. It's emphasis on systems and processes has real value in terms of teaching you how to learn. Ask those diagrams and mnemonics will pay dividends later.

Mostly I have stayed away from the other subjects because you can pick them up in college or university where the prior courses will serve as an excellent foundation for learning.

It's like taking the first presentation. You can set s high bar and everything else is a little easier.

Good luck kid!
>>
>>1434630
Kek
College and uni is 2% learning 8% memorising shit 90% getting a piece of paper to show to someone who may pay you.
>>
>>1434622

>stupider

Nice word choice smartypants. Those A-levels really did you justice didn't they?

>Over the last 15 years, the percentage pass rate for A Levels has increased to almost 100%, i.e. it is now very difficult to fail an A Level. A great deal of concern has been expressed about "grade inflation" and there is a widespread perception that the A Level is no longer the "gold standard" of the British education system as it was in the past. In contrast, the percentage pass rate for the IB Diploma has remained constant over the last 20 years at about 78%. This means that the IB is just as challenging now as it was in 1987. This fact is accepted by universities worldwide. The IB is recognised as a first-class qualification which prepares students for study at university.

IB has in general been considered a more challenging alternative to other high school diplomas. For university, IB students are actually given higher priority, and have more international reach.

>>1434499

Depends on what you want to do later. Check the uni requirements if you know what course you're looking into afterwards. I'd recommend Economics (I took it HL and it's a great subject), Maths SL (HL is overrated anyway), history, and in terms of experimental sciences, sports science is actually a useful mix of biology, chem, and physics (unless you intend on specializing in some sort of science degree or medicine). I just finished IB, and I'm off to start my Bachelor's at an Ivy League. Good luck!
>>
>>1434673
IB is nice if your European, if your in America your better off doing dual enrollment at a Community College and or just takin Advanced Placement courses.
>>
>>1434673
What are you studying? I would recommend Math HL if going into stuff like engineering, economics or obviously mathematics, otherwise it is very similar to Math SL in content, just a lot harder.
>>
>>1434788
>>1434673
>>1434630
>>1434601

Thanks a lot.
I took french before so I guess I should continue it.
I'll make sure to take HL maths.
Probably economics as well.

Thanks for all the advice
>>
>>1434788

International Business. From IB to IB.

>>1434679

IB is the equivalent of high school in America though, no?

>>1435414

Well you've got to think, the only really useful things you'll learn in school are languages, social studies, or whatever you might need for your dream profession. There's no point in taking Maths HL if you want to be a botanist. But I'm assuming you probably don't know that yet since you're just starting out..
>>
>>1435504
Leaning to economics.
Looking to maybe take economics and management in uni, and they love HL maths there
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.