[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Dont Want To Be A Poor Fag.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hey /biz/ im an 18 yr old college bound "white male" that needs to find a job. I have never been in wage slavery but want to make the most of the first official job.

What part-time entry level jobs can I seek out that don't require me to start at minimum and have good hourly wages and extras (i.e tips and commissions) or do I have to start out at minimum no matter where I go?

Also, for the future like next 1-2 years I plan on making some comfortable money even still in college, such as getting different licenses like insurance and maybe even real estate so even on my downtime and in between my job I can get multiple incomes coming in and have stuff to fall back on. Is that a realistic outlook?

Also, what would be the least useless degree to get? I understand most of college is a large scam and there are very few degrees that make it worthwhile. (My eyes are on Accounting and/or Management.)

I also have small side skills like SEO and very brief experience in crypto currencies and derivative exchange stuff. (My YouTube Channel has around 1,300,000 views) Can I put my traffic funneling skills to work as well?

There is just too much opportunity out there for me to be a poor fag and I'm just anxious on going out there on my own. I would like to get ahead in my college years and possibly reach 6 figures in my 20's but all of it seems so far out of reach, idk.

Anyway thanks /biz/, I understand this is 4chan not a hugbox self help board, im just wondering if any of you have any input on how I can make the most of my situation.
>>
>>1434474
Yeah sure. Protip for college. Rankings & GPA are everything. Rankings translate to networking and prestige which makes you more hirable and GPA proves you aren't a lazy POS.

If you go to a school that's not top 20 in your major, don't go at all. You're better off getting a 4.0 in 1 year of community college and transferring in as a 2nd year.
>>
>>1435149
depends what major in US if you are Med or (most)Engineering you can still be hired pretty easily, my friends that do CS are getting hired 3rd year for soft dev and they go to meh schools
>>
File: innitlad.png (248KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
innitlad.png
248KB, 540x540px
>>1435149
I'm most likely getting a degree in the financial sector. Even though I was shit at math in HS. I'm pretty sure math, calculus etc. isn't that bad as long as you put effort into studying.

p.s In Florida.
>>
>>1435243
>I was shit at math in HS
>I'm pretty sure math, calculus etc. isn't that bad
Wew! If you are going to put in all that effort learn something sort of useful like electronic - electrical theory. It's all the same math...understanding the principles at work is all you have to do and the rest falls into place naturally.

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/sw4qw/index.shtml
>>
>>1434474
buy kneepads
>>
>>1435220
You've still got advantages though, more exposure to top companies at some schools either based on prestige or location. Hard to go wrong with CS or (like you said, most) engineering as long as you actually manage to make yourself good at it.

The faggots who can't get jobs are the ones who ripped their homework from StackOverflow and can't properly FizzBuzz.
>>
>>1434474
Learn a trade. Charge $50/hour to do simple shit like replace pipes, paint walls, install HVAC, etc. Use your 1/4 mil a year income to buy properties that are in poor shape, then get your industry experience/buddies to help you improve them, then rent them out for easy money.
>>
>>1434474
Depending on where you live I started working at wegmans when I was 16 in HS. I got hired at $10,85. Now I'm 18 and I make $14.25 an hour and it's a really good place to work at.

I'm working here until I finish up legal issues and then I'm in the same pickle as trying to find out what to do with life.
>>
File: 1460840785284.png (135KB, 1015x737px) Image search: [Google]
1460840785284.png
135KB, 1015x737px
Begin with going into the highest mathematics you can. Every remunerative field benefits from analysis. Also take statistics. These have been by far the courses that have given me opportunities where others see only pain. Mathematics is the study of relationships and the ability to cut through bullshit is invaluable.
>>1435243
Its not that bad. Join the math club, or the competitive math club and learn all tricks.

If you don't know numbers, you'll never have $numbers$.

Another worthwhile class was corporate finance. Its a decent intro to securities pricing and structural integration.

In order to save money in college, you're gonna have to test out of the beginners and remedial courses. Find your schools testing dept and find the CLEPS and DANTES/Dsst courses. they're like $50 to $80. You can take the tests 6+ times before you break even.
Definitely Take the English Clep b/c it covers ENG 101 & 102.
You might delude yourself into you'd be better off having taken the course b/c instruction, its b/s no one cares about these courses. learn them yourself, save money save time.

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
Check out How to find your Dreamjob. Links in triplemaximumwageslave.txt
No one does it, but shadow people in jobs you think you'll like, the process of finding these people is detailed in the course and ask them the best way into the job you want. That way you find the straight and narrow path and skip all the bullshit you don't need.

On a personal level, if you're getting your licensees for RE/Insurance. Forget residential real estate, and just start commercial. Its far more lucrative, just a little more time between deals. The main thing is the people you'll be dealing with. Hard working people who've made hard choices vs entitled bargain shoppers. You're actually meeting the movers and shakers of the world.

TALLY take some law courses, Gville take some soil bio, UM take psych courses, FIU Biz Comm, USF Nutrition

b/c Good high ranking teachers
>>
>>1436097
Are you chinese?
>>
>>1434474

Well as most liberal arts classes like sociology, feminist and sociology classes teach, you can just put "white CiS male" as your qualifications and get a job that pays more than every one else. So skip college and do that. What could go wrong?
>>
>>1436097
>all this boring shit
>meanwhile people in youtube making 5k a month playing games and posting instagram pics
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.