[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with Depression/fear of success?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: depression.jpg (10KB, 475x316px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
10KB, 475x316px
Without going into detail, I suffer from depression. When I was 18 I got into Online marketing (various methods from affiliate sales to adsense to ebay). Around the age of 24 I created a large enough revenue stream that I quit my "real" job and went full time self employeed as an online marketer.

I then had a string of horrible luck occur that essentially caused my entire life to restart (had to move back to home town etc) and my business died. I began dealing with the most severe case of depression I've ever experienced, and am still working through it, which is where this thread comes in.

Over the course of the last year, the amount of bad things going on calmed down and I started actually seeing some positive progression in my life. I was finally able to start functioning at a decent level again and have been re-building my online empire, with an interesting amount of success.

Recently, in the last 6 months I have begun laying out a plan of attack to re-build my online empire bigger and better, and more successful than i've ever been. In the last 2 months I have begun the initial steps to put this plan into action and again it's going well. Great even.

I have little doubt in the blueprints I've laid out, as every piece of the puzzle is something I've successfully done before, I just never realized how well I can put each part together to create one giant machine until now.

The problem is I am noticing that I'm having trouble -doing- it. I know how, I know i can, I've done it before, but when I get up in the morning it's such a challenge to just go do it, and it sickens me to know theres no reason I shouldn't be jumping into it head first.

What I can build has the potential to make me rich in the long term, and to live a nice, comfortable life how and where I want.

Anyone else suffer from depression? How do you stop it from holding you back like this?
>>
You're simply lazy or secretly battling with self-doubt.
>>
>>1433059
Don't listen to >>1433076
Depression is a son of a bitch. I had to go to therapy for a year and a half and got on medication. Depression is hard to understand to others because to them, it looks like you're just being lazy. But you need to find the root of the depression, fight it, and then you'll gradually start to feel more optimistic and motivated in life.
>>
>>1433144
The root is going to be self doubt.
>>
>>1433059
I know exactly how you feel. Really. It's a constant struggle not to sink back. Here's what I can advise you to do:

Take some time to really think about what got you so depressed. Do some self-analysis. Take some mdma and sit yourself down for an evening if you have to. Not for recreation mind you, get informed before attempting this.

Once you have a better understanding of yourself you need to move forward and break your old habits. Start a different sleep cycle, listen to different music, read different books, go out more to different places, etc. This will greatly aid your escape from an entrenched psychological problem.

Start finding new things you like and use these as motivation. Help your fresh perspective become a more positive one.

Reinforce your new positive perspective with results. Move forward and never go back. Break with the cancerous bullshit of your past and if ANYTHING tries to pull you back realize you can and should simply say no.

Never look back.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.