[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being a wageslave really all that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1470564230715.jpg (212KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
1470564230715.jpg
212KB, 1024x862px
Is being a wageslave really all that bad?
>>
>>1432971
Nope. It's pretty great actually.

Many wageslave jobs are incredible comfy for a whole slew of reasons:
>Solid, consistent pay - You know every two weeks you'll be getting money direct deposited into your account
>Working maybe 3-5/8 hours a day - most of the time you spend doing other shit, reading news, getting water et cetera
>Great health insurance provided by your employer - if you were self employed it'd be rougher
>Gaining professional experience so you could always say "I did x, y, z at this company for x amount of time" as opposed to saying "I ran a shitty blog plastered in ads and affiliate links and also dropshipped bullshit on ebay for $200/month at its peak" if you want to get legit employed some time in the future

Overall comfy as fuck
>>
>>1432980
This

God tier is wage-slaving from home
>>
>>1432971
My life outside of work is incredibly boring. Theres only so much time you can spend playing video games and watching movies before it gets repetitive as fuck. So I was like "Gimme all of the hours." And now im making $2,000 a month. Its not even alot.
>>
>>1432971
It sucks if you're making the same as some lazy fuck and he gets rewarded when you don't, but unless you're an idiot it's ussually secure and safe.
>>
>>1432971
>The world is not fair
>All people are born equal
Nice dissonance!
Economic slavery is what we call civilization, inherent to that system is the fact people are not born equal and never will be as long as there is civilization.
>>
>>1433074
yes you can be born into success, but you are now aware that born =/= created.
>>
>>1432971
>i understand that the world isn't fair
>all people are created equal by the magicgod
>>
>>1433087
you guys are fucking retarded
>>
Wageslaving in Accounting/Office/Tax/Bank/IT/etc. is pretty good, get paid good, hours can be comfy depending if you're aren't retarded and work for nazi companies. I'd take this over 40 hours per week labor at $9/hr and getting screamed at for suggesting to work 5 hours overtime for more money.
>>
>>1432980
Unless youre a teacher.

Work 24 hours a day, require professional development to keep teaching licesense, and eventually require a masters degree.

Your pay will not go up, years of experience means no one wants you, and teaching experience is worthless to companies.

>But y-y-your s-summers.

Guess when you do professional development and take classes to get your masters out of your owm pocket?
>>
>>1433254
Actually teaching is comfy as fuck. Probably one of the easiest and relaxing jobs possible and you have an insane pension and teachers' union benefits

I know a guy who went on to teach kindergarten and he's having a great time (nothing intended, just mean it's easy and he's making decent money)
>>
>>1433258
Ill agree with states that have collective bargaining agreements....but thats only about 5 states that have that. Universally, the turn over rate for teachers is 5 years. Theres a reason for that.
>>
>>1433272
probably because it takes a special kind of mind to deal with a group of kids every day for <60k a year.
>>
>>1433313
Something else to consider is that it's fairly monotonous to teach the same lesson plan 5 times a day.
>>
>>1433313
>>1433318
My friend was a mega-stoner happy go lucky guy and he's enjoying it so far
>>
>>1433323
I mean if you can deal with those two things it's a pretty good job... easy & lots of free time, government benefits and decent pay
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.