[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advertising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

My cousin has a business, it has a good target audience, they receive enough to break even despite the four shareholders, including my cousin, putting virtually nothing into the business for over a month. To me, it's a gold mine that they're letting collapse. I have realistic solutions that could fix a lot of their problems. The main issue is that people avoid it because it looks "fake". I can see why, I attempted to find the website. Nothing, unless I type the url.com into google. I'm getting commission for every sale, and I'd like to advertise to create a perception lapse. However, I don't know where to begin with advertising. My first order of business:
>Make the website easy to find, unique name, so it needs to be the first thing to pop up on google, even with multiple ways of spelling it
>Update the website to fix inconsistencies
>Simplify the layout and item descriptions
>Add a review system
The beast is the advertisement bit. I'm more concerned with putting the name out to cause a "I see that a lot, they must have a lot of money to advertise so much, they must have a lot of sales and be legitimate" type situation. Programming and graphic design won't be my issue; I need to learn how to avoid wasting my time and money in advertising. Books, advice, past experience, all are invited.
>>
>>1432783
What industry are they in, service or product are they selling? That affects which channels you use to get the word out and your approach

A couple of things which are universal, that even if you know are just worth drilling home:
>Consistency. Font on your online presence. Colour Scheme. Once you decide it, stick to it religiously
>Same goes for the language. Use the same adjectives and key words.
>Tailor your traffic. Don't try and get the maximum number of hits, or clickthroughs. Make sure the RIGHT people are clicking through. A higher ratio to purchase is way better than huge volumes and no purchases.

Also look up a couple of the affiliate marketing threads on this board. You can use the same principles, except instead of driving traffic to a third party, you're driving it to your own business.
>>
>>1432791
Female clothing.
>>
>>1432819
All right helps. So, have you considered Pinterest and Instagram?
Some well light photos, some nice styling, link in the description, hashtag with brand-name can really help create desire for the product. That's also where most women are at.

Clothing is something very visual, so the best way to sell is visual.
I highly suggest investing in a cheap photo shoot. You may not even need a model, just borrow a friend's dressmaking mannequin for an afternoon and shoot. Buy some craft paper that matches the colour to make the photos 'funky' and 'fun'. Click click click.
>>
>>1432832
I'll look into pinterest. They have Instagram and Twitter, I'm planning on buying followers for both. They already have girls modeling the clothes on the website, that's definitely it's strongest point.
>>
>>1432917
Just a random idea: start a blog where you try and reference trends mentioned in WGSN or whatever that fashion trendsetter company is called, mentioning trends, and putting links that lead, you guessed it, straight to your Cousin's business.

There were a couple of threads here recently about Affiliate Marketing, surely you can look at some of those, read about what those guys do and apply the traffic gathering and lead generation to this business? The advantage is you know exactly what your selling, you're not just doing what ever you've been assigned this week.
>>
I suppose the best option is to hire a web designer to fix the website, and go for some sort of design that will appeal to females. In my experience, simpler web design is better.

>>1432832
>>1433303
I consider these both to be good ideas. Also, female clothing can be extremely lucrative, especially lingerie. Once you solve yours problems, I believe it proper to look into expanding sales of lingerie.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.