[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Resumefor4chan.jpg (252KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Resumefor4chan.jpg
252KB, 1700x2200px
Post, Rate, Critique, Discuss

Pic related is mine, I just graduated high school so i need help with basic shit like format
>>
>>1432425
Never mention degenerate hobbies like video games. Format looks pretty good though, but try to find a more professional and less bubbly bullet point option.
>>
>>1432425
Format's okay, just cut the text down to about a third of what it is (at least lose Activities). Most employers only glance at your resume/CV for no longer than a few seconds when shortlisting.

Reduce bullet point size, also get rid of hobbies altogether to be honest.
>>
>>1432464
thanks for the advice! it just feels weird trying to streamline everything even more than it is already.

Is the activities section really no good? when I did resume stuff in high school teachers said it was good to include clubs
>>
>>1432601
For part-time or seasonal jobs that's fine actually. I forgot you mentioned you just finished high school.

Perhaps just shorten the resume and smaller bullet points. GL OP.
>>
File: resume.png (56KB, 734x933px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
56KB, 734x933px
Back on the job hunt senpai.

What are your first impressions?

I do feel I am lacking on info with my most recent job, but I was running out of space...

I did a lot of writing, research, and even transcription/reports on phone calls.
>>
>>1432425
spell words correctly, first of all.

catalogued

fuckwit
>>
>>1432425
>Other Interests
>Video Games
Fucking dropped
>>
Hey /biz/

I got a bit of a strange resume question.

I am a student right now, without much experience. I only have one internship so far, and there is a lot of white space on my resume.

I volunteered at my religious center a couple of years ago, and held classes to help some older folks get basic IT certifications.

Would it be a good idea to include this on my resume?

Should I keep or remove the religious parts? I am muslim (no bully pls) and I'm worried that it'll hurt my job search.
>>
>>1436595
Hmm this is a double edged sword. If you can, try to withhold for who you did the IT classes. Just say you volunteered at a local centre by holding classes for IT certs. If they ask you at the interview, just tell them the truth and hope you don't get some atheist militant interviewer.

Might prevent you from getting trashed before you get to the interview anyway. Also, don't mention you're a muslim. If asked, say you're religious but say you don't believe in anything specific.

Also, same question as this guy. What do I include in my CV if I'm applying for my 1st internship. I mean, I've only got some skills, but no experience. Intermediate excel, Stata, a bit of R and Matlab. I'm a finance major so I'm looking for something in that field.
>>
>>1436649
That's a good idea, thanks.

Also, before I got the first internship, my resume had more spacing between lines, and a larger font. I also included school activities and a list of skills to help fill up the space.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.