[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restaurant tax fraud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (596KB, 980x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
596KB, 980x525px
How do they do it? How does based Olive Garden continue to make billions in profits operating with their menu?

>come in and be seated
>FREE SALAD AND BREADSTICKS
>make your own pasta choosing from 8 different pastas and 8 different sauces
>add chicken or sausage
>$9.99

Absolute madness. They are one of the most successful restaurants in the history of America and they continue to offer incredible value and great service.

They have to be sheltering money in a tax haven, correct? We should all head on down to Olive Garden today and order dinner and demand answers.

What do think /biz/???
>>
I've never been to olive garden
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 152x155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 152x155px
>they continue to offer incredible value
Are Ameriplebs even human?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>1431761

It's a true taste of old Tuscany. They don't have the greatest wine selection, but their Romesco sauce is god tier
>>
>>1431806
I live in canada
>>
>>1431757
There's a Mexican bakery in town that tastes like garbage, closes for dinner, and always has people there after closing around 2 in the morning. Everybody knows they're a cartel money laundering front but nobody seems to care. Probably something like that.
>>
Because it's an awful chain restaurants that serves low quality reheated prepackaged foods. Their profit margins are great.
>>
>>1431757
Its because they get all their breadsticks and salad second hand from lunch ladies in public schools. Those breadsticks are both recycled AND government subsidized!
>>
>>1431757
MBA fag here.

>Restaurant tax fraud

How can you say such a thing?

Darden Restaurants Inc is a publicly traded company. It holds the Olive Garden brand, among others. They pay all kinds of taxes, $90 million in 2016.

All sorts of things can factor into how much you pay in taxes. Deprecation & amortization can especially have a large impact because it occurs outside of your operating income.
>>
>30 cents worth of pasta
>30 cents worth of sauce
>1.00 of chicken
>9.99
>how do they do it
>>
>>1432038
This!

OP, you do know that pasta is just flour and water, right? Breadsticks too.
>>
>>1431757
why dont you read their fucking annual report ya dingus
>>
went to olive garden for a friend's birthday "as a joke" a couple weeks ago... saltiest fucking meal of my life. that shit is like 50% salt

what made it even worse was we ordered sangria that was like drinking straight koolaid

we all thought it was going to be a "so bad it's good" experience but it wasn't even worth it for the lulz
>>
>doesn't understand how restaurants work

You do realize that you aren't paying for the food when you eat at a restaurant right? It's maybe an average of 25-30% of the overhead depending on what kind of establishment it is. And shit like breadsticks and salad is maybe 5-10% actual cost.

Corporate run restaurants have relatively low overhead because they have major suppliers and can get discounts for the bulk they buy in. Everything is streamlined and probably most people who work there make minimum wage.
>>
>>1432210

lmao

I am laughing
>>
>>1431813
Can you tell me what this place is called? For scientifc purposes , of course
>>
>>1431757
Because it's fucking garbage food.

>>1431806
Have you ever eaten food?
>>
>>1432429
I like olive garden but their beer and wine selection could be better
>>
>>1431757
>People are taking this thread seriously

This board has to be one of the stupidest on this entire site
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.