[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I make 17.5 usd/hr, just out of college. Am I doin good? Bonus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: JOB.jpg (348KB, 2560x1600px)
JOB.jpg
348KB, 2560x1600px
I make 17.5 usd/hr, just out of college. Am I doin good?

Bonus points: guess what I studied
>>
>35k per year

You'd doing average. Literally average.
>>
>>1430625
Finance?

I make 21$/hr at my internship. I'm a mechE senior this fall
>>
>>1430625
it's fine if you have a career path and room to advance

if that's what you plan on doing for the rest of your life, it's not good
>>
>>1430639
What did you specialize in? I want to become a mechanical engineer. pls help me ;-;
>>
>>1430625
No
No
>>
>>1430625
I'm an operations support manager for a MSO. I hire guys out of high school for the same you're making. Not saying you're doing badly, but without knowing what industry and/or if your studies are matching your job, we can't say for sure.
>>
>>1430666
Still in school. I really want to get into oil and gas or energy. My internship isn't in my field but is still a little technical but mostly business shit (telecom)

MechE is extremely broad. You can't go wrong studying that or EE. Once you start studying and you see what's in your area, then you will really have a good idea. There is of course professor guidance you can turn to.

My internship commute is 2 miles from my parents house and 1 mile away from my Uni so I'm totally fine with not working in my field. My friend got an internship at bell helicopter and he has to literally commute an hour each way. And I also has an offer from a train signaling company, also a shitty commute away (since I am not moving for a job while I am still in school)

If I could do it over again I would've joined this navy officer program called NUPOC

>need to be at least a sophomore in uni
>agree to sign like 7 years of your life to the navy after graduating
>while you finish you're degree you join the military as an E-5 enlist, but don't have to do all that exercise bullshit
>they give you 5-6k per month (in 2015 anyways) while you finish school. This is for living expenses so you don't have to work or ride buses
>keep getting this 5k a month, EVERY month til you graduate
>get your BS, go to a military academy to learn graduate level nuclear physics
>also go to officer school
>when all is said and done, you have a masters level degree in nuclear engineering
>you get to choose to be on a nuclear aircraft carrier or a nuclear sub
>live your military fantasy as a naval officer
>mad pay (by the military standards) because you are so specialized

My dick is hard thinking about this.

Also
>after you finish your first term of service they'll want you to reenlist as an officer and they will probably throw 100k+ at you just to sign up
>of course you can probably make more money in the private sector

Just wish my parents didn't talk 19 year old me out of this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.