[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do affiliate social media like pages work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: life is easy.jpg (48KB, 641x699px) Image search: [Google]
life is easy.jpg
48KB, 641x699px
Hi /biz/, broke my lurking to ask the following:

Do these social media (mainly fb) pages which just post "stuff you gotta have" and other bullshit with Amazon affiliate links actually make some money?

I'm aware that you won't become rich this way, but if it works, I suppose it's quite the easy cash - gaining a followership on fb is not that hard, especially if you push it, and you can theoratically make cash from day one on.
>>
>>1429564
Especially interested in people who have actual experience with that.
>>
If it didn't work then why the fuck would they all be doing it? Your real question is how well it works, but the question you need to answer is how well it needs to work for you to consider this.

Is a hundred bucks a month worth it? How about 500? A few grand? What are you looking to get out of it exactly?
>>
I built a few accounts (mostly twitter) to 50k plus followers. On average would take 6-8 months to build up, being super consistent with posts, actually respond to other posters so they don't all flag you as a spam bot and get that account shut down.

By the end of it I had about 8 accounts (3 of which got shut down) that were all 50k+. I worked several hours in order to earn pennies. Unless you have a program to automate hundreds (more like thousands) of accounts then its not worth it imo.

I regret all that wasted work.
>>
>>1429605
Sounds like you didn't monetize properly. I mean when you get an audience of 400K people and you can't monetize that beyond pennies you fucked up big somewhere.

Were these followers built around a niche? What about geo location? Gender? Interests? Anything tying them together?

Why the hell couldn't you monetize an audience of 400,000+?!
>>
>>1429624
If I knew why I am a failure, then I wouldn't be on 4chan. I'd be fixing the issue and scaling my NEET bux.
I never had 400k followers all at once. Most at a time was 250k.
I had 5 accounts at a time, 3 I had to start over because of automation/botting bans.
Each account followed a different niche.
I tried to make each one a sub-niche and get to as specific a market as possible.
Pennies is bit of an exaggeration, by the end of it I was making between $50-100/week.
But to do that much work for that little payout still isn't worth it in my book.
>>
>>1429572
Fair point - would be a side-income for me, I'm preparing for final exams to become a lawyer rn. I doubt that the pages I mean demand the time of a full-time job.

>>1429605
>>1429686
Interesting, thanks. Do you have an idea what the problem was (not the cause of the problem, as you said, but the problem), like, didn't your followers interact? Or did they interact, but just not buy your affiliate stuff? Second one is a big problem, especially if the niche or product is off, I could imagine.

>>1429624
This desu. Would have imagined that monetizing properly makes you go to gainscountries capital.
>>
>>1429686
Do you want to sell said accounts?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.