[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University on hard mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (180KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1200x800px
Due to a recent falling out, I'll be heading to uni with no dorm, a backpack, and $100 to my name. How would /biz/ survive until finding a job?
>>
>>1429040
You need strong knees
>>
>>1429046
Don't think I can find any customers where I'm going for uni.
>>
>>1429040
just take some loan from the government, i'm sure there's something out there for you as long as you're not a straight white guy and am willing to go decades in debt.
>>
>>1429058
>debt better than homelessness

i would rather not owe thousands more per semester than I already will for tuition.
>>
>>1429040
>>1429046

If it's a big uni, you're talking 15,000 plus people. Probably what, 6,500 guys?

That's almost 7 grand a week tax free.
>>
>>1429063
>i would rather not owe thousands more per semester than I already will for tuition.

I'm guessing there are a lot of things you would rather not do.

Your other options are knee pads, which would you rather?
>>
>>1429040
Live in a car/buy a shitty van and make a bed in the back.

You will have to charge your phone/laptop in uni facilities which would be quite easy to do. You will have access to free wifi, water, electricty and won't have any travelling costs.

until you have enough money to do the van idea I would talk to the uni and ask if there is any kind of assistance they can give you or let you sleep in the computer labs or something like that.

Try and sleep in the computer labs.

I would seriously just get a loan.

What's your degree in?
>>
>>1429548
nah they actually have car adapters for charging laptops and phones nowadays. This is a really good idea desu. I'd opt for a shitty van, also. And try and get a part time job.
>>
>>1429553
Thanks friend :)

I value your idea as well :)
>>
>>1429548
Mathematics
>>
>>1429040
Depends on your local climate. Shitty Van sounds good. Combine it with a bicycle.
Also donate blood and plasma!
Go dumpster diving. This is a really good way of getting quality food. Just educate yourself on it via yt.
Part-time job. No matter what just get one.
Routine is key.
Maybe get a fitness center membership for showering and workout.
>>
>>1430063
I know there's a restaurant there that's part of a franchise I used to work at that would make for decent dumpster diving.

Tuition also covers a gym membership, so I have a shower.
>>
Get a job at the uni if you can
Try to get a loan if it's not too bad
Try and meet people. You may get a gf who you can live with
Ask the uni if they have any free space to sleep

OR:

Suck a lot of dick
>>
>>1430096
Restaurants are not the target of choice for dumpster diving. Try supermarkets in middle class neighbourhoods.
But just try it- might work for you.
Also hit some thrift stores for really cheap camping gear.
>>
>>1430128
>>1430128
Will do.
>>
>>1429040
Check craigslist, there was a lady here that was offering a room and restroom in her house in exchange for fixing things around her house and mowing the lawn.
>>
>>1429942
okay well fuck then you should defs stay. I was thinking if you were doing something stupid you should just fuck off
>>
>>1430459
Why does the major matter?
>>
>>1429040

remember that most dunkin donuts are open 24/7. if you have a laptop and a pair of headphones, you can stay there until the sun comes up. no one will fuck with you if you buy like a 2 to 3 dollar food item.
>>
>>1430935
If OP was in a shit tier major like gender studies, it would probably better to call it a day and it's not worth the hassle. With a math major he can become a quant, and underwriter or get another "real and good paid" job.
>>
>>1431231
this.

>>1430935
It's worth the investment for math majors. It's not worth the effort if OP was doing any of the arts.
>>
Uni is one of the easiest places to be homeless and still succeed. Free electricity and water. Free showers, free food if you know where to look. Dumpster diving at the end of semester can get you huge amounts of swag.
>>
>>1429040
>Get student loan
>Perform first two or three years of degree
>Sell your soul to Uncle Sam for four years
>Serve your nation (Air force if you don't want infantry)
>Build your savings account in the process
>Come home with VA benefits
>VA Loan forgiveness program and GI bill to completely pay off loans and remainder of tuition
>Finish degree
>If can't find a job in your degree field can always Enlist again as an officer
>>
>buy drugs off darknet (LSD DMT X ETC)
>sell it to your m8s u meet and trust

pretty easy
>>
>>1429040
look for scholarships and file for financial aid find a job on campus
>>
>>1429040
Have you applied for grants (which doesn't need to be paid back) through FAFSA or any scholarships? Loans should be the absolute last option. You can't get rid of school debt even if you've declared bankruptcy. That is what's so shitty about them.
>>
>>1429040
i got kicked out of residence for a week because i was smoking weed. what i did was i just slept in the 24hr lounge area. surprisingly i wasnt the only bum sleeping there. i used a free locker at the gym to store my shit and used the showers there too.

no idea what you can do for food though. stock up on ramen and drink from the fountains at school.
>>
>>1429040
Sleep in library
Steal food from dining hall
Shower at gym
>>
Op here. How many changes of clothes? I'm trying to maximize volume efficiency in y backpack. Current build I'd toothpaste two bars of soap, three changes of clothes, toothbrush, comb, Benadryl , two books, my phone (tracfone), moisturizer, and a backup pair of shoes.
>>
>>1431336
Lol all this talk of "free" shit at uni. It's as if you truly believe that. Yet you probably mock "free" healthcare and point out that it's not free. Sperg >>1431363
>>
>>1432006
Oh, And deodorant
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.