[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From disability to millions. Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_cNsTqsvO.jpg (15KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cNsTqsvO.jpg
15KB, 267x189px
Any advice on what to do with several to tens of millions from an upcoming settlement for a poorfag who has up til now survived on 800 dollars a month and food stamps? Worried about fucking up and blowing it all stupidly. What do you do with that much money?

Thinking of buying a bunch of houses and renting em out. Maybe a few fast food franchise locations. But no idea if that'd be wise.
>>
If you don't know anything about running a restaurant or being a landlord don't do either of those things. Don't tell people you know you'll have money. Hire an accountant to help handle your finances, a lawyer who specializes in settlements, and a VA to help oversee both of those. Don't take any other advice off of 4chan. Godspeed, anon.
>>
Give me 1k. I'll send you a smile straight from the mouth of Her.
>>
>>1428337
Thanks anon, I will do as you say as it sounds wise.
>>
Restaurant owner and landlord here.

STOP!!!!! Don't fucking do it!

Put it all in low fee index funds and bonds. I suggest VTSAX and VBMFX.

Live off 3-4% annually.

Don't get addicted to drugs,alcohol,sluts,etc.

We're in a low interest rate environment, money is cheap. And without experience that's all you're brining to the table. Odds are you will lose your shirt on your first few deals.

Better to chill out and slowly figure out what it is that you want to do in life.

Remember, spend the dividends/capital gains but never the principal!
also, since you're not gonna follow that advice anyway. You are gonna need a house to live in anyway, you can buy a primary residence at wholesale price and sell it every two years tax free.
>>
*assuming you're in US
>>
>>1428345
Thank you for the advice I will explore those options with professionals as recommended by previous anon.
>>
Don't spend anything right away, just hide it, sign up for college and start taking business/finance classes. Within a semester you'll fully understand how to not fuck up and can proceed to flex nuts and start living well on the cash
>>
>>1428352
You're gonna be ok.
>>
>>1428361
Aside from hiring professionals as mentioned before, this is solid advice.

Don't do anything with the money yet. Go take business classes, get educated, read books on money management, investing, etc. Etc.

When you do start spending start slow and solid. Buy a house, furnish it, buy a car (not a fucking lambo), and just generally get settled into a comfortable life. Take a year to improve yourself in every way whille you get used to your new life.
And travel. Go. Fucking. Travel. Go sit on a beach somewhere with a cocktail in your hand sometime and travel Europe for a few weeks. Clear your head.

Only THEN do you worry about what to do with your millions.
>>
>>1428326
what happened?
>>
File: 1466123589001.jpg (127KB, 891x658px) Image search: [Google]
1466123589001.jpg
127KB, 891x658px
>>1428326
Hi, my name is Ryan. I'm an entrepreneur so I'll give you my opinion.

Money is life. Money is life. It is the air you breathe, money is the soil under your feet, money is holding the one you love in your arms, money is family. Money isn't something shallow, it's much deeper and more profound than most of us realize.

So when you ask, "what should I do with my money?", you are really asking "what should I do with my life?". It's not some question to manage the numbers in your bank account. It is a heart-pounding existential question that will keep you awake at night for years until you die. You have to work hard and dig down deep within yourself and ask yourself what you really want from this life. You will die one day and your mind will no longer exist. With that in mind, what do you really want most of all? Fame? Girls? Status? A legacy? Impact? Influence? Power? Morality? Meaningfulness?
>>
>>1428619
Ask yourself if you even need that much money to accomplish your life goals. Unless you want to be a banker, VC, business owner, which would be incredibly hard, you might not need that much. You shouldn't start a business to make money. You should start a business because you want to make the world better. Either that or because deep down inside you feel inadequate and starting a business will (temporarily) make that feeling go away. If you decide you don't need the money, you can donate the money to someone who needs it more, your favorite non-profit websites or your old high school or starving cambodian kids in africa. Every single one of those dollars can be used to save lives. So think very very hard. Why get a lamborghini? Are you even a car person? Why pay so much in gas and repairs? The biggest downside to buying that kind of luxury stuff, is that it takes way to much mental effort and research to think about what to buy. And after that you feel guilty about living in a 5 bedroom house as only one person so you have to spend more mental effort trying to justify your purchases. Not to mention, all of this costs a lot of money. It's not worth it, all that mental effort and money could be used to help you accomplish your life goals.
>>
>>1428326
how do i become disabled so i can be rich?
>>
>>1428620
OP I recommend you think long and hard about what comes next. You'd think getting a huge amount of money would feel great, but when it actually happens it's really stressful. Every aspect of your life changes in a split second and it puts a lot of stress on your brain. Take a year to learn new things, give yourself new ideas, have new experiences, and think about what to do with the money. While you are thinking about it though, you should be getting interest on your money. This guy >>1428345 has good advice. But before you just start buying indexes, I recommend you take the time to learn about stocks and funds. Just stick the money in the bank and wait until you UNDERSTAND what you are investing in. Learn about stocks, the stock exchange, market orders vs limit orders, short selling, options, Learn how companies work, how they are valuated, learn how index funds and mutual funds work. The single most important rule even given to me was "Don't get your money involved in deals you don't understand". It was me, I would be looking at dividend stocks and reinvest all dividends. Get advice from a financial advisor, you should know enough at this point to make sure he doesn't jew you out of your money. Don't let people convince you to put your money in an offshore bank. Don't have sex with hookers if THEY approach YOU.

Just take at least a year to do some soul searching and find it within yourself what is your mission here on earth, then go forth an complete that mission. Your life will be much more fulfilling and meaningful than if you just tried to keep filling a bottomless pit with money. Money is life. Money is what life is about. So the meaning of your life becomes the meaning of your money.
>>
File: Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1428619
>>1428620
>>1428624
>>
>>1428403
>>1428621
Have a doctor ruin your life seems to be a key first step.
>>
>>1428667
what happened? did the doc break your spine or something?
>>
>>1428671
I rather not go into details, but if I could fix the issue and turn back time in exchange for all the money I would.
>>
>>1428619
>>1428620
>>1428624
Given my circumstances I've learned to go without, I care nothing for flashy cars, clothing jewelry etc. I am a very frugal person. All I'd like is to never have to worry if I'll be able to make rent AND pay for my electric bill again. Or have the option to buy a steak instead of settling for ground chuck that comes wrapped in a plastic wrap tube.

The reason n I mentioned buying houses etc is because I'd like to have tangible assets. Seems to me that it's safer to own a house than have your money just be a DB entry in some banks ledger. However, as I said previously, I will consult people who actually know this sort of stuff. I'll start reading books and educating myself too, maybe take an online course.

Thanks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.