[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is AMD headed? I got in at 3$ Does it have the potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Where is AMD headed? I got in at 3$ Does it have the potential to go to the moon with the new VR/AR chips?
>>
>>1426169
20$
>>
>>1426222
trips confirm
>>
>mfw holding 200 shares of amd right now. Part of me wants to jump off now and hop back on the next dip. Any idea when the next moon mission will be?
>>
I think AMD is going to improve over the next few months but being closely related with the ATI GPUs can be both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>1426169
$4, right after they disappoint everyone and reaffirm themselves as a second rate hardware manufacturer
>>
>>1426937
Found the NVIDIA shill. That was easy. Keep your tribal shitflinging on /g/. Money doesn't have brand loyalty.
>>
>>1426993

I never mentioned nvidia, I think its overpriced right now

don't buy AMD != buy nvidia
>>
I watched AMD for years, bought $5k worth of shares at $1.89 this year. Was going to go for the long run but I was a faggot and sold when I was up $700. I cry every time I see the price go up.

That being said, I have a feeling it will dip back down to ~$4 or so and max out at $8. I don't believe it's a moon mission.
>>
>>1427451
This. I sold at 6, wish I held longer, but honestly don't see it cracking 8. If you bought low i see why you'd consider holding, but if you bought in at 4 I'd sell before next er.
>>
It didn't surprise me really. Their GPUs and chips have been working super hard to be competitive. Radeon has some amazing budget cards for those who don't want to spend a computer's budget on a card.
>>
File: charts don't lie.jpg (727KB, 2505x1654px) Image search: [Google]
charts don't lie.jpg
727KB, 2505x1654px
>>1426169
First off, look @ the pic. They probably have another dip and gain before they break out over 8 and start a new pattern.

Since Lisa Su became CEO, AMD has developed an actual viable strategy to build the company. They aren't trying to go head to head with Nvidia on the high-end. History has proven that's a bad idea. They are moving for the more profitable low-midrange GPU market. They are also working to regain market share of the CPU/server business.

The timing for both of these is almost perfect BTW, because we're entering an era where AMD's API which was always innovative but barely ever coded for is becoming hand in hand with the standard. I think this is because their GPU's were a deal for microsoft so they got chosen for the Xbox. That being the case, Microsoft is now making all of their games DirectX 12, which is similar in many significant ways to AMD's mantle API. This will also drive the adoption to directX12 in the PC game market @ an accelerated rate, which makes AMD gpu's more attractive..

On top of this market for budget gaming, you have the incredibly profitable niche market for digital currency mining that AMD gpu's excel at and is likely the main reason driving their cards selling out and going into secondary markets with higher prices.

All of their gains so far have been based on the GPU market and the deals they have been amassing as well as confirming Samsung will also make their chips on top of global foundries to alleviate production concerns. As they roll out more gpus and continue to report gains in profitability, they will go over 8, maybe close to 10. We haven't even seen how Zen will stir shit up yet. I fucking love an underdog and this story is amazing. Expect them to consistently grow at least into Q2 next year.

TL;DR I'm just saying this is not the AMD of yesteryear, beating its head against a wall trying to "be the best" at GPU/CPU's. They have a plan and great timing.
>>
>>1427790
This is absolute retardation. Looking at that chart alone, delete all of those resistance lines or whatever you want to call your little drawings and short that stock. Just because the same jump and decrease happened three times before does not mean it's bound to happen a third time.
>>
>>1428170
We all know that technical analysis is bull shit, but that is an obvious pattern. No, its not BOUND to happen, but it probably will. Did you miss the two paragraphs of real world information driving the upward trend? This is absolute retardation.
>>
My recommendation is stick with the industry leader. If you aren't in the tech industry and don't understand the finer points of Intel's patent-advantage then you have no business taking a shill's advice about AMD stock.

There is nothing groundbreaking coming out of AMD, but it can still go up in stock value.

Just understand people only come to /biz/ to make posts that benefit themselves; don't fall victim to misinformed people.

If they have insider information on a company they should be able to provide a detailed explanation with at least some citations if they expect anyone to believe them.

http://www.cpushack.com/2012/09/06/intel-vs-the-world-the-338-patent/

This is a good place to start brushing up on the reality of AMD vs Intel.
>>
stupid dumb dumb wage cuck once these shit cards start heating up and they get exposed as losers the price will fall dramatically wage cuck pooorfag
>>
>>1426169
>>1426169

No idea until the market sees how Zen does.

If you remember the sub 90nm Opterons they did well, and AMD bounced from the 2's up to 14. If the ZEN can do as well maybe a bounce up to 10 could happen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.