[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom Stock Screener

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: screener.png (419KB, 653x403px) Image search: [Google]
screener.png
419KB, 653x403px
Hi /biz/bro's,

With the ASX market game up and running, I've decided to test my trading process/system.

I was hoping to get some of your feedback regarding pros/cons of the system that I'm currently developing/testing. I am a newbie so please be kind and helpful.

So what I've built so far is a simple stock screener. and my trading process is as follows:

1. It downloads Yahoo Finance records into an SQL Server DB for every single ASX stock (OHLC, Value Metrics like PBR,PER, PERGRWOTH, Earnings, etc).

2. Then I run SQL script that essentially screens these stocks based on criteria that revolves around the following:

- does it follow a bullish candlestick pattern (is it a Morning Star, is it an inverted hammer?)

- what are the fundamental value metrics of the stock ? (is the Price to Book ratio less than the industry average?, is the PER less than the industry average etc.)

- is the stock in mean-reversion with respect to the 250-day average?

3. From the list of companies that the script generates, I read the financial statements, and determine which ones to invest on.

4. Once I have made my choices, I determine the TP and StopLoss levels for each company, based on 250-day Standard Deviation.

5. I trade it, monitor my portfolio exposure + free cash (i dont buy more than 5 companies at a time).

Yesterday morning (4/8/2016) it gave out the following stocks among others:

Harami Pattern: STO (Santos)
Engulging Pattern: TPM (TPG Internet)

This morning (5/8/2016) it gave this:
Morning Star: GXL (Green Cross)
Harami: SPO (Spotless Group)

Does /biz/anon have any criticisms of my trading process?
>>
Have you backtested it? What were your results? If not, why the fuck not?
>>
>>1425462
Good point anon, i havent. Mainly because when i was writing that part of the code i found it hard to implement each candlestick pattern. But yes i would love to add that part in the process. Preferrably as part of step 4.
>>
>>1425469
Well I'd make it my top priority if I were you. You have to watch out for accounting for fees, latency etc. and also you risk over-fitting to your test data. But it's probably the quickest way to test if your candlestick patterns even make sense, and to tweak some of your parameters.
Other than that, consistently sticking to a system sounds like the proper way to trade.
>>
>>1425473
Alright, a sensible advice.

Ill make a profitability back test by detecting all the times a stocks time series follows a pattern and then check the closing price after 2 bars.

It will be very simplistic but i guess its a start? Ill start workingon it this weekend i guess haha

Thanks mang
>>
So I just download this thingy and I get free money?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.